Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr.Anil Gowtham Manivannan, M.B.B.S.,M.S.(Ortho), Ph.D.(Music) is a expert in music therapy at Coimbatore,Tamilnadu
Special Interests: Classical Veena artist since childhood. Plays all string instruments veena, violin, mandolin and guitar. Has performed many concerts across the state. Owns a private music firm “Meenakshi Music School” teaching instrumental music to children and preparing them for grade exams. Special interests in music and medicine, role of music in pain management, ragas in healing therapy and exploring different bhanis in music.
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon,Arathana Hospital, Pollachi.
- Vainika& Founder: Meenakshi Music School
Education & Certificates
- M.B.B.S Vinayaka Mission University,Salem, India.-March 2013
- M.S.Orthopaedics, Texila American University, Guyana, South America-March 2017
- B.Music (Veena) Annamalai University,,Chidambaram, India-May 2012
- M.Music(Veena) Annamalai University,Chidambaram, India-May 2014
- M.B.A. Hospital Management Annamalai University, Chidambaram, India-March 2016
- Ph.D.Music Annamalai University, Chidambaram, India Research Scholar
Update Coming Soon
Publications & Presentations
Presentations concerned with Music therapy:
1) “Instrumental music as an adjuvant therapy forPeri-operative pain management – A Pilot study” in International Seminar on Innovations in Performing Arts – 2019 Journal Publication. March 2019.
2) “Raga Niroshta – Observations with the Autism spectrum children” at International Conference on Interaction between Music, Dance & Culture – 2019, Annamalai University Journal Publication. August 2019.
3) “Nada Anusandana – Clinical applications of Raga Malahari” at International Virtual Conference on South Indian Music and Dance Journal, Avinashilingam University. May, 2021
1) “Instrumental Music as an adjuvant therapy for Peri-operative pain management” – A practical demonstration at National Music Therapy Inaugural Conference of Indian Music Therapy Association at New Delhi, December 2018.
2) “Instrumental music as an adjuvant therapy for Peri-operative pain management – A Pilot study” at International Seminar on Innovations in Performing Arts, Kalai Kaveri College of Fine Arts, Tiruchirappalli on March 2019.
3) “Raga Niroshta – Observations with the Autism spectrum children” at International Conference on Interaction between Music, Dance & Culture, Annamalai University, Chidambaram on August 2019.
4) “Instrumental Music and Peri-operative pain management” atNadamanthana 2019 – at The Science behind Indian Music therapyat Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Bengaluru on December 2019.
5) “Human – Veena Interface” at Indian Music Therapy Association Tamil Webinar, Virtual Conference on July 2020.
6) “Saraswathi Veena and Tamil Music Therapy” at Third Annual Virtual International Music Therapy Conference hosted by Indian Music Therapy Association in collaboration with Nada centre for Music Therapy, Delhi &Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeeth, Varanasi on December, 2020.
7) “Nada Anusandana – Clinical applications of Raga Malahari” at International Virtual Conference on South Indian Music and Dance, Avinashilingam University, Coimbatore on 25 May, 2021.
Life Membership Associations:
- Indian Medical Association
- Coimbatore Indian Medical Association
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Tamil Nadu Orthopaedic Association
- Coimbatore Orthopaedic Society
- Indian Music Therapy Association – IMTA/ LM – 0005
- Indian Orthopaedic Rheumatology Association
- Indian Stem Cell Research Group
- Indian Foot and Ankle Society