Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr.Anil Gowtham Manivannan is a Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon, Arathana Hospital, Pollachi, Tamil Nadu
Area of Expertise:
- Orthopedic Rheumatology,
- Regenerative Orthopedics
- Knee Arthroplasty
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon,Arathana Hospital, Pollachi, Tamil Nadu
Education & Certificates
- M.B.B.S Vinayaka Mission University, Salem, India-March 2013
- M.S.Orthopaedics-Texila American University, Guyana, South America-March 2017
- M.B.A. Hospital Management Annamalai University, Chidambaram, India-March 2016
- Fellowship certification in Diabetology Indian Medical Association, New Delhi, India- August 2016
- Fellowship in Orthopaedic Rheumatology,ORA&Dr.Ram Manohar Lohia University, Lucknow, India-December 2020
- Fellowship in Knee Arthroplasty, Buchel Pappas-December 2021
- University gold medallist – First place in Oto-rhino-laryngology.
- Gold medallist – First place in Paediatrics.
- Distinction holder in Pharmacology, General Surgery, General medicine & Forensic medicine.
- Grade A in clinical practical session at PG – M.S.Orthopaedic examination.
Publications & Presentations
Editorship in Journals:
- Associate Editor – IP International Journal of Orthopaedic Rheumatology since July 2020.Print ISSN:2581-8112 &Online ISSN:2581-9151.
- Executive Editor – Global Academic Journal of Medical Sciences from January 2021 to December 2022. ISSN: 2707 – 2533 (online) & ISSN: 2706 – 9036 (Print).
1)“A study on serum magnesium, insulin resistance and coronary lipid risk factors in type 2 diabetes mellitus” in Journal of Biomedicine 2014: 34(3)
2)”Male osteoporosis – the problem statement among south India men” in Texila International Journal of Medicine Volume 4, issue 1, 2016. (10.21522/TIJMD.2013.04.01. Art006)
3)“Is Bone Grafting necessary following open reduction and internal fixation of supracondylar/intercondylar femur fracture with locking compression plate?” in Scholars academic journal of biosciences (Sch. Acad. J. Biosci., 2017; 5(5):375-381) May 2017.
4)(a) “Floating arm – ipsilateral proximal and distal humerus fracture, non-union fracture proximal ulna with implant loosening and radial nerve palsy – A unusual case scenario” – International World Trauma Congress publication 2016
(b) “Post traumatic sciatic nerve palsy following gluteal haematoma – A rare case scenario and review” – International World Trauma Congress publication 2016
5)“Minimal Invasive Dynamic Hip Screw Fixation Technique in Patient with Cardiac Complications: A Case Scenario” in Journal of Orthopedic Case Reports 2017 Sep-Oct: 7(5):Page 34-37.
6)“Esmarch Bandage as a Reduction Tool for Closed Reduction Pinning in Pediatric Supracondylar Humerus Fractures” in EAS Journal of Orthopedic and Physiotherapy Volume-1 | Issue-5 | Sept-Oct-2019 |DOI:10.36349/EASJOP. 2019.v01i05.001.
7)“Orthopaedic rheumatology strategic recommendations and practice principles in SARS-CoV-2 Era” in IP International Journal of Orthopaedic Rheumatology, Volume:6, Issue:2, Year:2020, Page: 45-47.
8)“Leucocyte Platelet-Rich Fibrin (L-PRF) in non-healing ulcers” in IP International Journal of Orthopaedic Rheumatology, Volume:6, Issue:2, Year:2020, Page: 66-70.
9)“How does medial compartment osteoarthritis of knees respond to proximal fibular osteotomy at one year? – A prospective analysis of 26 knees” in IP International Journal of Orthopaedic Rheumatology, Volume:6, Issue:2, Year:2020,Page: 76-79.
10)“PRP in acromio-clavicular joint arthritis – A prospective analysis” in IP International Journal of Orthopaedic Rheumatology, Volume:6, Issue:2, Year:2020, Page: 80-83.
- Faculty – IORACON 2019, Jammu, India. National Orthopaedic Rheumatology conference.“Approach to a patient with Spondyloarthropathy” on September 2019.
- Faculty – Orthopedic Surgeons Society of Andhra Pradesh & Indian Stem Cell Study Group Association Webinar – “Overview of ISCSG Association” on April 2020.
- Faculty – OASISCON 2020, Hyderabad, South Indian state orthopaedic virtual conference. “Bone Morphogenic Protein – As a Regenerative medicine tool” on November 2020.
1) “Multiple carpometacarpal dislocation, metacarpo phalangeal dislocation and associated carpal bone injuries – A rare case report and review” at South Indian state orthopaedic conference OASISCON 2015, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu.
2) “Primary diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of first lumbar vertebra with dissemination – A rare case report and review” at national orthopaedic conference IOACON 2015, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
3) “Male osteoporosis – The prevalence and problem statement among South Indian men” at Tamil Nadu state orthopaedic conference TNOACON 2016, Ooty, Tamil Nadu.
4) “A functional outcome study of dynamic hip screw versus proximal femoral nail fixation for intertrochanteric fractures in geriatric people” at International trauma conference World Trauma Congress 2016, New Delhi, India.
5) “The Benefits of PHILOS system in management of three and four part proximal humerus fractures in special cohort of young patients with high velocity trauma” at South Indian state orthopaedic conference OASISCON 2016, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
6) “Is bone grafting necessary following open reduction and internal fixation of supracondylar/ intercondylar femur fracture with locking compression plate?” at national orthopaedic conference IOACON 2016, Cochin, Kerala.
7) “Compartment syndrome of left anterior thigh following primary total hip replacement – A case scenario and review” at South Indian state orthopaedic conference OASISCON 2017, Manipal, Karnataka.
8) “Orthofix assisted extra-articular deformity correction in Total Knee Arthroplasty” at national orthopaedic conference IOACON 2018, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
9) “Esmarch bandage as a reduction tool for closed reduction pinning in paediatric supracondylar humerus fractures” at South Indian state orthopaedic conference OASISCON 2019, Pondicherry.
10) “Nano fat – A Therapeutic Paradigm in Regenerative Medicine” at FEIORA fellowship – ISCSG conference 2020 at Dr.Ram Manohar Lohia University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
1) “Bilateral paediatric hip fracture – secondary to anti epileptics induced osteomalacia and vitamin D deficient rickets –A case report and review” at national paediatric orthopaedic conference POSICON 2016 at Bangalore, Karnataka.
2) “Floating arm – ipsilateral proximal and distal humerus fracture, non-union fracture proximal ulna with implant loosening and radial nerve palsy – A unusual case scenario” at International trauma conference World Trauma Congress 2016,New Delhi, India.
3) “Post traumatic sciatic nerve palsy following gluteal haematoma – A rare case scenario and review” at International trauma conference World Trauma Congress 2016, New Delhi, India.
4) “Neglected humerus fracture presenting with pseudoaneurysm of brachial artery and radial nerve palsy – A case report and review” at national orthopaedic conference IOACON 2017, Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
5) “Latarjet procedure for recurrent shoulder dislocation in manual labourers – our experience” at national orthopaedic conference IOACON 2018, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
6) “Efficacy and functional outcome of autologous platelet rich plasma injection versus hydro dissection in Adhesive capsulitis of shoulder” at VthInternational Regenerative Medicine Conclave – Stemcell Xpress 2019 at New Delhi. Got first place in poster presentation.
Life Membership Associations:
- Indian Medical Association – TN/24578/8/1764/205474/2015-16/L
- Coimbatore Indian Medical Association
- Indian Orthopaedic Association – LM11940
- Tamil Nadu Orthopaedic Association – LM/A/171
- Indian Orthopaedic Rheumatology Association – LM308
- Indian Stem Cell Study Group Association – LM49
- Indian Foot and Ankle Society – LM706
- Indian Music Therapy Association – IMTA/ LM -0005