Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. Chintakayala Bhaskar is a General and Laparoscopic Surgeon doctor having speciality in Surgery General, and has worked for Maharaja Agrasen Hospital,New Delhi.
Medical Council Registrations:
- Telangana State Medical Council – 73197
- Delhi State Medical Council – 81746
- General Medical Council UK – 7811372
Area of Expertise:
- Procedures Performed:
- Intravenous access both Central and Peripheral Lines.
- Delivery of Local Anaesthesia for minor surgical procedures ( Excision of lumps and cysts )
- Tru-cut and Core Needle Biopsy
- Wedge / Edge Biopsy
- Nerve & Muscle Biopsy
- Podiatry procedures
- Inter-Coastal Drainage Tube Insertion.
- Elective surgery under Spinal Anaesthesia : Inguinal Hernia, Fermoral Hernia, Hydrocoele, Varicocoele, Haemorrhoids and Fissure in Ano, Fistula in Ano,Varicose Veins ( Trendlenberg Procedure ), Orchidectomy, Orchidopexy, Below Knee Amputation, Above Knee Amputation, Fore foot Amputations, Digital Amputations etc.
- Abdominal Major surgeries : Exploratory Laparotomy, Surgery for Perforation Peritonitis of small and large bowel diseases., Abdominal Kochs patients, Hemi- Colectomy, Bowel Resection and Anastomosis, Appendectomy, cholecystectomy, Thyroidectomy, Pyeloplasty, Pyelolithotomy, Cystolithotomy, Nephrectomy, Circumcision etc.
- Laparoscopic Procedures : Cholecystectomy, Appendectomy, Inguinal Hernia Mesh plasty, Ventral Hernia Mesh Plasty, Incisional Hernia Mesh Plasty, Sleeve gastrectomy (Assissted), Oesophagectomy(Assissted), etc.
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
1). Senior Resident in Dept. of General Surgery – Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar Medical College and Hospital, Rohini West, New Delhi, India – 110085 – June 2019
Job Description : Working in team of 24 Surgeons which includes 4 Consultant and two Professors along with 18 Senior residents in Dept of General and Minimal Access surgery. Performing both elective and emergency General surgical procedures such as Cholecystectomy, Appendectomy, Ventral Hernia’s, Inguinal hernia, Lumps and Cysts, Exploratory laparotomy, hemi – colectomy, Tubercular abdomen , stoma formation, Stoma reversals etc., On call Emergency duties on rota basis. Operating in Emergency OT on Blunt and penetrating injuries and severed Limb amputations. Taking Ward rounds and managing Out patients department on rota basis along with participating in weekly grand rounds. Participating in monthly mortality and morbidity meeting. Teaching Post Graduate and Under Graduate Medical students.
2). Clinical Assistant in Dept of General Surgery – Maharaja Agrasen Hospital, Punjabi bagh West , Rohtak Road, New delhi -110026, India -January 2019 – June 2019
Job Description : Worked in high volume unit led by Unit head and a senior consultant. Responsible for on call emergency days twice weekly and heading outpatient clinics bi-weekly. Responsible for admitting and management of pre and post operative patients admitted in unit.Assisting and performing both emergency and elective surgeries admitted to the unit. Participating in weekly seminar presentations and monthly department meeting regarding patient care. Take teaching classes for DNB students and organising work shops on behalf of the department. Participating in out reach clinics for the needy and poor organised by the hospital.
3). Consultant Surgeon – Sai Shubha Multi-speciality Hospital, Behind Bus Depot, Saraswathi nagar, Bodhan, Nizamabad District, Telangana, India – 500085 – May 2018 – January 2019
Job Description : Part of a multi speciality team of doctors managing a 50 bed hospital catering to the population of a small town. Responsible for handling trauma unit and general surgery unit. Participating in monthly camps organised by the hospital. Performing General surgery cases both elective and emergency cases and heading outpatient clinics with round the clock availability.
4). Senior Resident – Maharaja Agrasen Hospital, Punjabi Bagh west, Rohtak Road, New Delhi, India – 110026 – December 2017 – May 2018
Job Description : Worked under 6 consultants in three units. Responsible for patients pre-op workup for surgeries and post op management under consultant guidance. Scheduling and conducting weekly seminars of the department and conducting teaching classes for DNB post graduate students. Participating in journal clubs & Bed side clinics for post graduate students. Assisting and performing surgery in OT.
5). Post Graduate Resident ( DNB Residency ) Dept. of General Surgery – National Board of Examination affiliated institute (Maharaja Agrasen Hospital), New Delhi, India – October 2014 – October 2017
Job Description : Worked as a Post Graduate ( Resident trainee ) of General Surgery in Maharaja Agrasen Teaching Hospital, New Delhi. Was in Dept. of General and Minimal Access Surgery practicing evidence based medicine in general surgery, taking part in regular academic schedules which involved Clinical case presentations, Clinical / Pathological and Radiological conferences, Journal clubs, CME’s. Was involved in management of general surgery patients admitted to wards and ICU and participating in out patient clinics. Cleared my DNB Examination in 2017.
6). Duty Medical Officer in Emergency – Praja Sai Hospital, No- 1-10-189, SBH Colony, Ashok Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana , India – April 2011 – May 2014
Job Description : Worked as a duty medical officer. Was responsible for ward and emergency ward patients. Duties of initial assessment of patients in informing the consultants and following consultant orders. Night and day duties on rota basis.
Teaching and Training Experience:
Senior Resident June 2019 – Present at Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar Medical College and Hospital
Clinical Assistant January 2019 – June 2019 at Maharaja Agrasen Teaching Hospital
Senior Resident December 2017 – May 2018 at Maharaja Agrasen Teaching Hospital
Conducting Seminars and Workshops for Post Graduate trainees in Maharaja Agrasen Hospital.
Organising Health awareness and education camps in remote villages
Education & Certificates
- MBBS – Chalmeda Anand Rao Institute of Medical Sciences – 2011
- DNB ( General Surgery ) – National board of Examination / Maharaja Agrasen Teaching Hospital – 2018
- MRCS – Royal College of Surgeons England UK – 2019
Update Coming Soon
Publications & Presentations
Update Coming Soon
- Membership of Association of Surgeons India
- Indian Medical Association
- Membership of Royal College of Surgeons England UK
English, Hindi, Telugu