Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. Madhav Danthala Senior Consultant Hemato-Oncologist and Bone Marrow Transplant physician at Yashoda Hospitals, Somajiguda Branch, Hyderabad has a rich clinical expertise of 10 years in the field of Hemato-Oncology/Blood Cancers and Bone Marrow Transplants.
Area of Expertise:
- Blood cancers (Acute lymphoblastic leukemia, Acute myeloid leukemia, Chronic myeloid leukemia, Chronic lymphocytic leukemia), Multiple Myeloma, Lymphoma.
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS), Myeloproliferative neoplasm (MPN).
- Blood disorders (Anemia, thalassemia, sickle cell anemia).
- Autologous and Allogeneic stem cell transplants (matched sibling donor, matched/mismatched unrelated donor, haploidentical donor, cord blood transplants)
- Childhood cancers.
- Targeted therapy.
- Cellular therapy (CAR-T cells).
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Consultant Hemato-Oncologist and BMT physician, Yashoda Hospitals, Somajiguda, Hyderabad from February 2022 till now.
- Clinical Fellow Leukemia and Bone Marrow Transplant, Vancouver General Hospital, Canada from July 2019 to August 2020.
- Consultant Hemato-Oncologist and BMT physician, Manipal Hospitals, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh from Sep 2017 to January 2022.
- Resident Doctor in Department of Medical Oncology, HCG Cancer Center, Bengaluru from June 2013 to November 2013.
Education & Certificates
- 2003 to 2009: MBBS PES Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Kuppam, Andhra Pradesh
- 2010 to 2013: MD (Internal Medicine) Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar, Karnataka
- 2014 to 2017: DM (Medical Oncology) Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
- 2019 to 2020: Fellowship in Leukemia and Bone Marrow Transplantation Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Operational Research Certificate Course 2018 to 2019 – WHO – SORT IT – The Union
- Instrumental in successfully setting up the Allogeneic stem cell transplant program at Manipal Hospitals, Vijayawada and performing more than 50 stem cell transplants, the highest in the state.
- Performing the first matched sibling donor and haploidentical stem cell transplant in Andhra Pradesh.
- University topper (SDUAHER) Internal Medicine (2013)
- 1st rank, DM Medical Oncology Entrance Examination – Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences.
Publications & Presentations
- Danthala M, Kallur KG, Prashant GR, Rajkumar K, Rao MR. 177 LuDOTATATE therapy in patients with neuroendocrine tumours: 5 years experience from a tertiary cancer care centre in India. European journal of nuclear medicine and molecular imaging. 2014 Jul;41(7):1319-26.
- Danthala M, Gundeti S, Kuruva SP, Puligundla KC, Adusumilli P, Karnam AP, Bala S, Konatam ML, Maddali LS, Digumarti RR. Generic imatinib in chronic myeloid leukemia: survival of the cheapest. Clinical Lymphoma Myeloma and Leukemia. 2017 Jul 1;17(7):457-62.
- Danthala M, Golamari KR, Seshachalam A, Mikkilineni A, Chappidi S, Mekala MB, Elangovan V, Chinnakali P. Walking a Tightrope: Dosage Modifications and Treatment Outcomes of All Trans-Retinoic Acid, Arsenic Trioxide, and Daunorubicin for HighRisk Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia. JCO Global Oncology. 2020 Nov;6:1749-56.
- Danthala M, Gundeti S, Maddali LS, Pillai A, Puligundla KC, Adusumilli RP. Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: 8 years experience from a tertiary care center in India. South Asian Journal of cancer. 2016 Oct;5(04):176-8.
- Karpurmath SV, Seshachalam A, Selvaraj K, Rajamani P, Reddy N, Malipatil B, Sirigeri R, Prasad K, Reddy K, Danthala M, Udupa KS. Halving Time of BCR-ABL1 in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia: Is It Better Than Day-90 Value—A Multicenter Study From South India. Clinical Lymphoma Myeloma and Leukemia. 2020 May 1;20(5):e205-11.
- Seshachalam A, Karpurmath SV, Rathnam K, Raman SG, Janarthinakani M, Prasad K, Patil C, Anoop P, Reddy N, Anumula SK, Roopa SP, Danthala M. Does Interim PET Scan After 2 Cycles of ABVD Predict Outcome in Hodgkin Lymphoma? Real-World Evidence. Journal of global oncology. 2019 Dec;5:1-3.
- Adusumilli P, Gundeti S, Danthala M, Pk C. 301P Long term survival and late side effects of paediatric Hodgkin lymphoma patients: a study from a tertiary care centre in Southern India. Annals of Oncology. 2015 Dec 1;26(suppl_9):ix89-.
- Puligundla CK, Gundeti S, Bala S, Pillai A, Adusumilli P, Danthala M, Konatam ML, Maddali LS. Mutation Analysis and Treatment Outcomes of BCR-ABL Tyrosine Kinase Domain in CML Patients with Imatinib Treatment Failure-Data from a Large Tertiary Center in India. Blood 2016 vol: 128 (22) pp: 1910-1910.
- Danthala M, Rajesh GR, Gundeti S, Raju GS, Chandran P, Srinivas ML. Obesity and breast cancer: Association of serum adiponectin, leptin, and adiponectin–leptin ratio as risk biomarkers. Indian Journal of Medical and Paediatric Oncology. 2018 Jul;39(03):292-6.
- Danthala M, Lakshmaiah V. Correlative study of serum cystatin C levels with severity of acute ischemic stroke. J Clin Biomed Sci. 2013;3(4):188-92.
- Naveen L, Santoshi M, Madhav D, Sri Rama AG, Mahesh V. A study of the association of insulin resistance and cardiometabolic risk factors in an adult population with type 2 diabetes mellitus, Inter. J. Appl. Med. Sci. 2014;4:168-72.
- Proffered paper: Additional chromosomal abnormalities in chronic myeloid leukemia: lest we forget. Presented at ESMO (European Society of Medical Oncology) Asia 2016, Singapore.
- Generic Imatinib in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia: Survival of the cheapest. Presented at ASH 2016 (Annual American Society of Hematology conference), San Diego. Shortlisted for Best of ASH.
- Microalbuminuric anemia: A study of the relationship between hemoglobin levels and albuminuria in diabetes. KAPICON 2012.
- Obesity and breast cancer: Association of serum adiponectin, leptin and adiponectin-leptin ratio as risk biomarkers. Presented at Annual Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology conference, 2016 at Delhi.
- Renal Reversibility in multiple myeloma: A race against the clock! Presented at Myeloma: State of the art, 2016, PGI Chandigarh.
- Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia: 8 years’ experience from a tertiary care center in India. Presented at Annual Asian Clinical Oncology society conference 2016, Delhi.
- Validation of an enhanced International Prognostic Index (NCCN IPI) in patients with diffuse large B cell lymphoma in the Rituximab era: 7 years’ experience from a tertiary care center in South India. Presented at ICON 2016, received the Best poster presentation award.
- Frontline Imatinib in chronic myeloid leukemia: a jewel in the crown, Presented at Hematocon 2016, Jaipur.
- Pediatric chronic myeloid leukemia: wise to generalize? Presented at ISMPOCON 2016, Delhi.
- Monosomy 7 and Deletion 7q in Acute Myeloid Leukemia – M0/ M1 with prior Myelodysplastic syndrome transformed from Fanconi Anemia – a case report. HEMATOCON 2015.
- Phenytoin induced Cerebellar Ataxia and Orofacial Dyskinesia in a rare case of Disseminated Cysticercosis. APICON 2013.
- Medical Oncology Forum (MOF)
- Collaborative Medical Oncology Group (CMOG)
Telugu, English, Hindi, Tamil, Kannada