Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. Mohammad Irfan has done MBBS, MD Medicine, DM Rheumatology (NIMS,Hyd). Ex Assistant Professor at Department of Rheumatology, NIMS, Hyderabad. Treatment services for autoimmune diseases like Arthritis, SLE, pediatric arthritis, Gout, osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Scleroderma, Vasculitis, Joint injections. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) Treatment Joint Swelling ARTHRITIS Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma) Behcet’s Syndrome Osteoarthritis Treatment
Area of Expertise:
- Interested in the area of Myositis and Lupus
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Consultant Rheumatologist in the Department of Rheumatology, Medicover hospital -hitech city, Hyderabad.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Nizam’s institute of medical sciences NIMS Hyderabad (2020-2021)
- DM Clinical Immunology & Rheumatology residency (2017 to 2020) ,NIMS Hyderabad
- Post MD Medicine (2016-2017)
- Worked as Assistant professor in Department of Medicine, BJ Medical college, Pune.
- MD Internal Medicine residency (2013-2016)
- Post MBBS Internship (2011-2012)
- 12months at Bangalore medical college and research institute, Bangalore in 2011-2012, including 2 months rural posting at Primary Health Centre.
- Well trained in management of various acute and chronic rheumatologic disorders, including rheumatologic emergencies. Trained in comprehensive management of paediatric and adult rheumatologic patients in OPD, wards and intensive care set ups.
Education & Certificates
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) -Year:2006- 2012
- College: Bangalore medical college and research institute, Bangalore
- University: RGUHS Bangalore, Karnataka,India.
- MD General Medicine -Year:2013- 2016
- Institution: Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Medical college(BJMC), Pune
- University: MUHS Nashik, Maharashtra,India.
- DM Clinical Immunology & Rheumatology:-Year: 2017-2020
- Institution: Nizam’s institute of medical sciences (NIMS), Hyderabad, India.
- (A University established under state Act)
- 1st price in Rheumatology quiz at Bharati vidyapeeth medical college pune 2015.
- 1st price in best clinical image presentation at the Indian Rheumatology Association conference 2019.
Publications & Presentations
- Mohammad I, Devarasetti PK, Rajasekhar L. Correspondence on ‘EULAR/ACR classification criteria for adult and juvenile idiopathic inflammatory myopathies and their major subgroups’. Ann Rheum Dis. 2021 Jan 13:annrheumdis-2020-219426. doi: 10.1136/annrheumdis-2020-219426. Epub ahead of print.
- Muhammed H, Jain A, Irfan M, Charles S, Dwivedi P, Chavan PP, Khubchandani R, Sharma A, Phatak S, Shukla AN, Shah R. Clinical features, severity and outcome of acute pancreatitis in systemic lupus erythematosus. Rheumatology International. 2021 Mar 16:1-9.
- Haridas B.Prasad,Mohammad Irfan, Study of serum ferritin in metabolic syndrome,International journal of scientific research:Vol 7,May 2018
- Rheumatology association – IRA
English, Hindi, Kannada, Telugu