Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr Mohammed Imran did MBBS from Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad. He got his MS degree also from Gandhi Medical College. He worked as an Assistant Professor in the Department of General surgery, Mediciti institute of medical sciences, Medchal and then got his Mch degree in Neurosurgery from Gandhi Medical College. He worked as a resident superpecialist in the Dept of Neurosurgery, Gandhi Hospital after his neurosurgery residency. He then worked as a Consultant in Aster Prime Hospital, Hyderabad. He currently works as a Consultant Neurosurgeon in the Dept of Neurosciences, Prathima Hospitals, Kachiguda and Kukatpally, Hyderabad.
He has a keen interest in constantly updating his skills and knowledge. He has a fellowship in Neuroendoscopic Surgery. He has published papers in various international journals and is a recognised reviewer for “World Neurosurgery” – the official journal of World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies. He has presented several papers in various state and national conferences including an award winning paper in the first annual conference of Telangana Neuroscientisits Association.
He is a member of the Neurosurgical Society of India, Telangana Neuroscientisits Association and Indian Medical Association.
He has a special interest in fluorescence guided resection of brain tumors (neurooncology), Endovascular neurosurgery and Endoscopic Neurosurgery.
Area of Expertise:
- Head injuries
- Brain tumors
- Adult and paediatric hydrocephalus,
- AV malformations
- Congenital defects etc
- Degenerative disc diseases (disc protrusions, disc extrusions etc),
- Low back ache and sciatica
- Spinal injuries
- Spinal tumours
- Spinal infections such as tuberculomas, pyogenic abscesses, discitis, epidural abscess
- Spinal tumours etc
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Consultant Neuro Surgeon, Srikara Hospital, Secunderabad
- Assistant Professor Department Of General Surgery Mediciti Institute Of Medical Sciences , Medchal
- Resident Superpecialist Dept Of Neurosurgery Gandhi Hospital
- Consultant Neuro Surgeon Aster Prime Hospital , Hyderabad
Education & Certificates
- MBBS – Gandhi Medical College – Hyderabad
- MS – Gandhi Medical College
- Mch – Neurosurgery – Gandhi Medical College
- Fellowship in Neuroendoscopic Surgery
Awards and Recognitions:
- Dr VV Satyanarayana Medal (Best Outgoing Student In MS General Surgery – 2012)
- University Topper – Mch Neurosurgery – 2016
- Best Paper Award Telangana Neuroscientists Association First Conference – 2016
Publications & Presentations
- He has published papers in various international journals and is a recognised reviewer for “World Neurosurgery” – the official journal of World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies. He has presented several papers in various state and national conferences including an award winning paper in the first annual conference of Telangana Neuroscientisits Association.
- Neurological Society Of India (NSI)
- Telangana Neuroscientists Association (TNSA)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- English, Hindi, Telugu, Urdu