Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. Naveen Mehrotra consultant at Sunshine Hospitals,Hyderabad is an expert in treating patients with brain tumor and a select few who can operate on adult as well as a child with equal ease.
Area of Expertise:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Paediatric Neuro Surgery
- Occult Spinal Dysraphism
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Sunshine hospitals, Hyderabad
- AANS Fellowship, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA.
- Paediatric Neurosurgery Fellowship, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Canada.
- Ex-Assistant Professor, Department of Neurosurgery, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, India.
Education & Certificates
- M. B. B. S
- M. Ch (Neurosurgery)
- Update Coming Soon
Publications & Presentations
- A Chapter titled “Shunts Systems” in the Textbook Of Operative Neurosurgery edited by Ravi Ramamurthi, K.Sridhar and M.C.Vasudevan. 1 st ed. B.I. Publications;2005 pp153-165.
- Krishnan Prasad, Behari Sanjay, Banerji Deepu, Mehrotra Naveen, Chhabra Devendra K, Jain Vijendra K. Surgical approach to C1-C2 nerve sheath tumors. Neurol India 2004;52: 319-324
- Jain Vijendra K, Mehrotra Naveen, Sahu Rabi Narayan, Behari Sanjay, Banerji Deepu, Chhabra Devendra K, Surgery Of Vestibular Schwannomas In India: An Institutional Experience. Neurol India 2005;53: 41-45.
- Rabi N. Sahu, N. Mehrotra, I. Tyagi, Deepu Banerji, V.K. Jain, Sanjay Behari “Management Strategies For Bilateral Vestibular Schwannomas”. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, Vol.14 Issue 8, August 2007,Pages715-722.
- N.Mehrotra, Anil Kumar, Manas Panigrahi, C.Sundaram, Aniruddh K. Purohit, K.Anuradha . “ Intracranial Aspergillosis in Immunologically Competent Patients” Clinical Proceedings of Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences Vol.19 Number 1 January 2008.
- N. Mehrotra, S. Behari, Lily pal, D.Banerji, Rabi.N.Sahu, Vijendra .K.Jain. “Giant Vestibular Schwannomas: Focussing on the differences between the solid and cystic variants”. British Journal of Neurosurgery Volume 22, Issue 4 August 2008, pages 550 – 556
- Vassilyadi M, Mehrotra N, Shamji MF, Michaud J. “Traumatic Dural Arteriovenous Fistula and Review of Treatment Options”. Canadian Journal of Neurosciences.
- Mehrotra N, Shamji MF, Vassilyadi M, Ventureyra ECG. “Intracranial tumors of first year of life: The CHEO Experience”. Childs Nerv Syst (2009):25 1563-1569.
2). Under Publication/ Accepted
- A chapter titled “Non Functioning Adenomas” in Textbook of Neurosurgery edited by Ravi Ramamurthi, K.Sridhar and M.C.Vasudevan. The edition is expected year end.
3). Papers Presented in Conferences
- Ring enhancing lesions of brain. XXIII Annual Conference Of Association Of Surgeons Of India , Lucknow.(21-23 Nov.1997)
- Hart shill implant in dorso-lumbar spine.7 th National Neurotrauma Conference, Indore.(21-23 Aug.1998)
- Giant Vestibular Schwannomas –15 Years Experience. Silver Jubilee Celebrations, Dr.A.Lakshmipathi Neurosurgical Centre Post Graduate Institute Of Neurological Surgery,VHS Hospital Madras. (21-22 Feb.2003).
- Delivered a lecture on “ Surgical anatomy of the Anterior Skull Base” at Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery Workshop, Hyderabad on 25 th September, 2005.
- Clinical and prognostic study of thoracic myelopathy due to ossified yellow ligament in fluorotic and non-fluorotic patients. At 6 th Asian Conference of Neurological Surgeons and WFNS Education Course held from 27 th –29 th January 2006, Mumbai ,India.
- Presented a paper on “ Far Lateral Approaches to Foramen Magnum” at 8 th Annual conference Of Skull Base Surgery Soceity of India held from 13 th –15 th October 2006,Chandigarh, India.
- Presented a paper on “ Intracranial Tumors of Infancy: The CHEO experience” at the Canadian Pediatric Neurosurgery Conference, February 28,2009.
- Delivered a presentation on “Approach to Occult Spinal Dysraphism” in Indian Society of Paediatric Neurosurgery Conference, Hyderabad in 2009..
- Delivered a lecture “Trigeminal Neuralgia: Treatment Options’ in 1 st “Association of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons of India” at Hyderabad on 23 rd August 2015.
- Delivered a lecture On “ Post Haemorrhagic Hydrocephalus” in NSICON Hyderabad Dec.2015
Delivered a lecture on “ Surgery for Spina Bifida” in Neuro Update 2017 National Level CME and Pritam Das Oration 18-19 November 2017, Allahabad.
- Delivered a presentation on “Tight Filum Terminale Syndrome” in 29 th Annual Conference on Indian Society of Paediatric Neurosurgery 1 st Feb. 2018, Hyderabad.
- Delivered a lecture on “Arrested Hydrocephalus: Diagnosis and Management” at 8 th Indo-Japan Meeting at Hyderabad on 3 rd -4 th March 2018.
- 7 Professional courses,seminars/workshops/conferences attended
- I have attended the following courses conducted at my institute during my tenure and cleared the examination conducted at the end of each course. BiostaticsCardiopulmonary resuscitationMR Spectroscopy: Clinical Research and ApplicationsEthics in MedicineImmunology for Clinicians
Attended the “ Skull Base Surgery Conference” at Hyderabad from October 2009.
- Attended the “ International Soceity of Pediatric Neurosurgery” Course at Havana, Cuba on February 2008.
- Attended the “ Endoscopic Approaches to Skull Base Lesions Course” offered by University of Ottawa on April 11, 12, 2008.
- Attended the “Congress of Neurological Surgeons” meeting at San Diego, California, USA from September 13-16 2007.
- Attended the hands-on Cadaveric workshop on Endoscopic Brain and Spine Surgery held on 26 th January 2006, Mumbai, India.
- Participated in the ICMR Workshop on Biomedical Communication, Hyderabad on 5-6 September 2005.
- Actively participated in the 14 th Annual Conference of the Indian Society for Paediatric Neurosurgery & The CME programme of the International Society for Paediatric Neurosurgery at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India.(6 th -9 th November 2003).
- Attended Endosurgery ’99 the 4 th Asia Pacific Conference of MinimallyInvasive Surgery organized by Society of Endoscopic and laproscopicSurgeons of Asia in conjunction with Indian Association of gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons at New Delhi, India.(19th-21 st February 1999).
- Attended the C.M.E. on “Nutritional care of Surgical Patient” at Allahabad on 2oth September 1997.
Attended Annual Conference of the Indian Society for Paediatric Neurosurgery & The CME programme of the International Society for Paediatric Neurosurgery in Goa 2010.
- Attended Vascon Banglore 2014
- Attended Pedicon Bhubaneswar 2014.
- Attended Minimally Spine Surgery Medanta.
- Attended Spine conference in Kolakata Sept. 2016.
- Update Coming Soon
- English, Hindi, Telugu