Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. E A Padma Kumar is an Interventional Cardiologist. He practices at Maxcure hospitals in Adarsh Nagar and has an experience of 24 years in these fields. He completed MBBS from Osmania Medical College in 1981, MD – General Medicine from Osmania Medical College in 1986 and DM – Cardiology from Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad in 1992
Area of Expertise :
- Asd Device Closure
- VSD & PDA
- Valvuloplasty PBMV/PBPV/PBAV/PBTVM
- Pacemaker Implantation Surgery
- Renal (Kidney) & Uper & Lower Limb Blood Vessels Block
- Clinical Cardiology
- Chest Pain Treatment
- Heart Conditions
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Senior Consultant interventional Cardiologist, Cath Lab Directormaxcure Mediciti Hospitals from July 2015
- Consultant Cardiologist at Princess DurruShaver Childrens Hospital(Hyd)(Part time)
- HOD Dept of Cardiology-(Fulltime) at Mediciti Hospitals 2014 to 2015
- Consultant Cardiologist & Director Cardiac Cath Lab at Mediciti Hospital & Mediciti
- Institute of Medical Sciences(Hyd & RR Dist) since Nov’ 1993 to 2015.
- Addl.Prof.of Cardiology at Deccan institute of Medical Sciences.Hyd.
- Asst. Professor of Cardiology at NIMS(Hyd) from Feb’ 1992 to Nov’ 1993.
- Tutor in Cardiology at NIMS(Hyd) from Jan’ 1990 to Jan’ 1992.
- Senior Resident in Cardiology at NIMS(Hyd) from Jan’ 1987 to 1989.
Education & Certificates
- D.M. (Cardiology), Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Punjagutta, Hyderabad, A.P. (July 1989 – Jan’ 1992).
- M.D. (Gen. Medicine), Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad (July 82 – March 86).
- MBBS, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad. (Nov’1975 – June 1981).
Research Projects : Associated:
• Randomised study of Ballon Mitral Valuloplasty vs Surgical CMC – immediate & long
• Randomised study of PBMV VS Surgical OMV immediate & long term result.
• PhAse III Clinical investigations of E B Siderirs “Button device for closure of ASD &
• Coinvestigator for OASIS 5. (LMWH in ACS ) 2005
• Coinvestigator for OASIS 6. (LMWH in ACS ) 2006
• Coinvestigator for Newer Anticoagulents in prevention thromboembolic events of
• Ref: RLS/TP/2007/02
“ Evaluation of Safety & Efficacy of R-TPR-004 (Reteplase- Recombinant Plasminogen
Activator manufactured by Reliance Life Sciences) in subjects with ST segment elevation
Myocardial Infarction (STEMI) “
• Co-Investigator of Study Protocol H7T – MC – TABY(b): A Comparison of Prasugrel
and Clopidogrel in Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS) Subjects with Unstable
Angina/Non-ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (UA/NSTEMI) Who are Medically
Managed – The TRILOGY ACS Study. (2010)
• Principal Investigator for Study protocol”TDE-PH-310:”APhase III, International,
Multi-Center, Randomized, Double-Blind,Placebo-Controlled, Event Driven study to
Compare the Time to First Clinical Worsening in Subjects with Pulmonary Arterial
Hypertension Receiving UT-15C in Combination with a PDE5-1 or ERA Compared
with a PDE5- 1 or ERA Alone”.
Ref: TDE-PH-311:”An Open-Label Extension study of UT-15C in subjects with
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension – A Long-Term Follow Up to Protocol TDE-PH310”. (2014)
Interventional Courses Participated and Attended:
- Application G.R. Stent for acute occlusion during PTCA
Intra Coronary Stents for acute occlusion during PTCA.
(Gary S.Roubin USA, Larry Dean USA, B.S.Raju, Hyderabad Dec’ 1990).
- Use of Percutaneous Cardiopulmonary support system.
(Fayaz Shawl USA, B.S.Raju, Hyderabad, Shailender Singh, Hyderabad, Nov’ 1992).
- Percutaneous Ballon Mitral Valvuloplasty – Inoue Technique
(Hung Taiwan, B.S.Raju, Hyderabad, Feb’ 1992).
- Application of Medtronic – Wiktor Intra Coronary Sents for acute coronary
dissections during PTCA (Paul Kramer USA, B.S.Raju, Hyderabad, Shailder Singh,
- Denova stenting with Palmaz Stents for Peripheral Vascular Disease
(Kayyur Parikh California, B.S.Raju, Hyderabad, Shailender Singh, June, 1993).
- Denova Intra Coronary Stenting by Schatz – Palmaz Stents (Teirstein California,
B.S.Raju, Hyderabad, Shailender Singh, Samjay Parikh, Hyderabad, 1993).
- Pre CSI at Bombay Nov’ 94, Workshop.
- Australian – Asian Pacific Interventions Cardiology Symphosium at Perth Australia,
- TCT at Washington, October, 1998.
- PCR at Paris, May 1999.
- TCT at Washinton, October, 1999.
- PCR at Paris, May 2000
Publications & Presentations
List of Publications : International
- Percutaneous mitral balloon valvuloplasty in patient with dextrocardia and mitral stenosis – Cath and
Cardiovascular Diagnosis (September 1993).
- Prosthetic valve occlusion – role of thrombolytic the therapy, immediate and long term results (Annals of Thoracic Surgery).
- Open surgical commissurotomy vs Balloon mitral valvuloplasty – results of a randomized trial (NEJM).
- Indian Heart J. 2017 Sep – Oct;69(5):663-665. doi: 10.1016/j.ihj.2017.09.003. Epub 2017 Sep 8.
Mycotic aneurysm of the left anterior descending coronary artery induced by ‘mother-and-child’ catheter assisted percutaneous coronary angioplasty! Padmakumar EA1 , Jariwala P2
- Tetralogy of Fallot, left ventricular clot, aortic dissection: rare association. Jariwala P, Kale SS, Sepur L, Padma Kumar EA.
- Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2017 Sep-Oct;25(7-8):534-536. doi: 10.1177/0218492317717420. Epub
2017 Jun 16
- Computed tomography coronary angiography diagnosis of single right coronary artery with congenital absence of left coronary artery system equivalents.
- Siddiqui SM, Kesava Rao RC, Kaza S, Padma Kumar EA.
- Indian J Radiol Imaging. 2016 Apr-Jun;26(2):198-200. doi: 10.4103/0971- 3026.184406.
- Gude D, Komireddy PR, Padma Kumar EA.
- Ann Card Anaesth. 2015 Apr-Jun;18(2):265-6. doi: 10.4103/0971-9784.154499. No abstract
available. NATIONAL PAPERS PRESENTED AND ABSTRACTED
- Evaluation of L – R shunt by contrast Echo Cardiography during Cardiac
Catheterization IHJ – 1988.
- Negative contrast ECHO Cardiographic Diagnosis of congenital anuersym IHJ 1988.
- Abnormal pulmonary valve motions an additonal clue to RV infarcation, IHJ 1988.
- PTCA – NIMS experience IHJ 1990.
- Right Axillary of M.R., Clinical Echo Doppler correlations IHJ 1990.
- ASD following PBMV IHJ1990.
- Persistant R – L shunt at Atrial level after relief of Severe Vascular P.S. by ballon
valvuloplasty IHJ 1990.
- Complication of Transseptal puncture IHJ 1990.
- IABP – NIMS experience IHJ 1991.
- Prosthetic valve thrombotic occlusion role of thrombolytic therapy, IHJ 1991.
- Incidence of MR after PBMV IHJ 1991.
- In CAD clinical & Angiographic profile IHJ 1991.
- PBMV – NIMS experience IHJ 1991.
- Thrombolytic therapy in AMI – 5 years NIMS experience IHJ 1991.
- Transeptal cathetrization in patients with selectal deformaties of the Chest &
Cardiac malpositions IHJ 1991.
- PBAV in Calific AS with Pulmonary Odemna & Cardiogenic shock IHJ 1992.
- ASD closure using Sideris Ballon Device – The NIMS experience 1993.
- PDA closure using Sideris Balloon Device. The NIMS experience.
- Transcatheter closure of congential Cardiac defects (ASD & PDA) by Sideris
Balloon Double Disk Device.
- PTCA using long PTCA balloon.
- Corelation of ASD size by Echocardiography & balloon pull back.
- Pure Coronary Ectesia ? Benign disorder – A study of 33 patients 1994.
- Intracoronary stenting with P.S.Disarticulated (one half stent).
- Multivessel Intra Coronary Stenting early experience.
- Intra Coronary Stenting with Wiktor Stent – Results.
Member of C.S.I (L 1218)
- Member of A.P.I (L 9536)
- Member of IMA ( AP/ 8303/21/1112/70746/99-2000/)
- Member of ICIC
- Member of IH&RS (Indian Heart and Rhythm Society)
English, Hindi, Telugu