Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. Pramod Reddy is a distinguished surgeon with vast experience of over 22 yrs in Adult ,Aortic and Paediatric Cardiac surgery with reputed hospitals both in India and abroad.
He is specialized in Minimally invasive cardiac surgery -CABG; Valve repairs; Valve Replacement; Bentall; ASD,VSD,Partial AV canal;TOF. He has done fellowship in minimally invasive cardiac surgery from Liverpool heart and chest hospital,UK
He has developed new technique of direct cannulation in Minimally invasive cardiac surgery which was published.
He has special interest in Aortic aneurysm surgery. He has performed many complex aortic aneurysm surgeries. He has also performed minimally invasive Bentall operation. He has done fellowship in Aortic aneurysm surgery from Liverpool Heart and chest hospital, biggest aortic centre in UK
He is one of few surgeons in world who has mastered Off pump technique in cardiac surgery-Off pump CABG; Off pump Glenn; Offpump Fontan; OFF pump Kawashima; Off pump atrial septostomy
He has vast experience in Video assisted thoracic surgery for thoracic and lung diseases. He has performed surgeries on Covid patients who has developed complications after covid.
He also routinely performs Mitral and aortic valve repairs
He was associated with Royal college of Edindburg for Paediatric cardiac surgery fellowship from Alder Hey Children’s hospital, UK
Visiting fellowship in Transplantation and Ventricular assist devices in University hospital of south Manchester,Whythenshaw,UK
He has several papers in international and national journals to his credit.
He is the honorary reviewer for:
Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals in Journal review section.
Indian Journal of Cardiothoracic and vascular surgery.
Area of Expertise:
- Valve Repair/Replacement Surgery
- Aortic Aneurysm Surgery
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery
- Thoracic surgery/VATS
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Transplant/Ventricular assist device
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Chief Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon at medicover Hospital, Hyderabad
- Maxcure hospital, madhapur, hyderabad,(chief cardiothoracic surgeon-jan 2017-jan 2020)Liverpool heart and chest hospital, liverpool,uk (december 2012-december 2016
Education & Certificates
- FRCS (Cardiothoracic Surgery)
- M.Ch. (Cardiovascular&Thoracic Surgery)
- D.N.B .(Cardiovascular & Thoracic surgery)
- D.N.B. (General Surgery)
- M. S.(General Surgery)
- Fellowship inAortic aneurysm surgery from Liverpool Heart and chest hospital, biggest aortic centre in UK
- Fellowship inMinimally invasive cardiac surgery from Liverpool heart and chest hospital,UK
- Royal college of Edindburg ,Paediatric cardiac surgery fellowship from Alder Hey Children’s hospital, UK
- Visiting fellowship inTransplantation and Ventricular assist devices in University hospital of south Manchester,Whythenshaw,UK
- Cambridge Certificate for outstanding medical achievement in Cardiothoracic surgery
- Awarded PRATHIBHA BHARATHI PURASKAR-2018 by DELHI TELUGU ACADEMY
- First in Mch (CVTS ) examination
- Distinctions in MBBS
Publications & Presentations
- Direct Cannulation in minimally invasive cardiac surgery with limited resources:Annals of Thoracic Surgery;2019
- Giant Bilateral Posterior Mediastinal Liposarcoma Excision;Indian Journal of CardioVascular Surgery; 2019;35;91-93
- Giant coronary artery aneurysm in a middle aged female:Annauls of thoracic surgery
- Dextrocardia and CCTGA with Rheumatic TS:unique association:Indian Journal of CardioVascular Surgery
- Retained pacing lead in mini aortic valve replacement :an unusual complication:Open Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery
- Aortic root and arch replacement with frozen elephant trunk in acute retro type a aortic dissection in marfan-single stage correction;
- Reconstruction and stabilisation of flail sternal fracture
- Single-Stage Correction of Interrupted Aortic Arch in an Adolescent Patient –World Journal for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery January 2013: 4: 120-12
- “Electrocautery Maze in Chronic Atrial Fibrillation-An Early Experience”Indian Journal Of Cardiovascular Surgery;Jan-march 2005.
- Valve Repair in Rheumatic Heart Disease in the Pediatric AgeGroup- Asian Cardiovascular & Thoracic Annals. 2008;16:129-133
- Use of pericardial monocusp valve in surgery of absent pulmonary valve syndrome–Indian Journal Of CardioVascular Surgery.2008; 24: 167-170
- Offpump Kawashima Operation -Annals Of Thoracic Surgery, 2010;90:1372-1374
- Veno-Venous Shunt Assisted Cavopulmonary Anastomosis-Annals of Paediatric cardiology. 2010,Vol3(1).
- Sternotomy Approach For Modified Blalock-Taussig Shunt:Is It a Safe Option-Asian Cardiovascular & Thoracic Annals, 2010;0:1–5
- Morphosurgical Corelation of outcome in complete DORV-Interactive Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery Journal; 2006;5:566-569
- An Innovative Technique of arterial switch operation for TGA with single Coronary artery-Indian Journal Of Cardiovascular Surgery; 2006; 22: 165-168
- Outcome of neonatal BT shunt-Technical aspects & post operative management.-Asian Cardiovascular & Thoracic Annals, 2008;16:7-10
- Management of VSD,Pulmonary Atresia,MAPCAS-Challenges and controversies–
- Annals of Paediatric cardiology. 2010;vol 3(2)127-135
- Veno-Atrial Shunt Assisted Cavopulmonary Anastomosis – Intraoperative Management Strategies and Outcome;Asian Cardiovascular & Thoracic Annals,2010;18:569-73
- New technique of off pump atrial septostomy for complex congenital cardiac anomalies;European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
- Total anomalous pulmonary venous connection beyond infancy-Asian Cardiovascular & Thoracic Annals.
- Fellow of Royal college of surgeons of England
- Fellow of Indian association of cardiothoracic surgeons
- Member of European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons.
- Member of Paediatric Cardiac Society of India
- English, Hindi, Marathi, Telugu