Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. Prasanth Kandra is one of the named Radiation oncologists in Hyderabad, extensively experienced and skilled in his field, with an over 13 years of experience. Currently, Dr Prasanth Kandra is a Senior Consultant Radiation oncologist in Department of Radiology at American Oncology Institute, Hyderabad.
Dr. Prasanth Kandra graduated from Kathmandu Medical College, Kathmandu, Nepal in the year 2003. Further continuing higher studies, Dr Prasanth Kandra post graduated as MD (Radiotherapy) in 2007.
One of the proficient and one among the famous radiation oncology specialists in Hyderabad, Dr Prasanth Kandra, holds special expertise in the latest radiation oncology techniques such as 3D-CRT, IMRT, IGRT, SRS, SBRT, brachytherapy for gynecological and esophegeal cancers. Dr Prasanth Kandra is also well experienced in chemotherapy for all types of solid tumors.
Dr. Prasanth Kandra has been member of Botswana scientific committee and tumor board for preparing guidelines for Oncology Management in Botswana. He has gained vast clinical experience in his field over these years and been an important part of various organisations across the country.
Area of Expertise:
- All latest Radiation Oncology techniques (3D CRT, IMRT, IGRT, SRS, SBRT etc.)
- Brachytherapy for gynecological and Esophageal malignancies
- Well-experienced in chemotherapies for all solid tumors
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Senior Consultant Radiation Oncologist, at American Oncology Institute, Hyderabad.
- CEO & Consultant Radiation Oncologist – Department of Oncology, Indur Cancer Hospital Nizamabad Telangana, May 2017.
- HOD & Consultant Radiation Oncologist – Department of Oncology, Surya Global Hospitals Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, February 2015 – April 2017.
- Consultant Radiation Oncologist and Head of the Department – Department of Oncology, Princess Marina Hospital Gaborone, Botswana, October 2013 – December 2014.
- Consultant Radiation Oncologist and Head of the Department, Department of Oncology, Indian Red Cross Society Cancer Hospital, Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, India, January 2011-Sept 2013.
- Registrar and Junior Consultant – Department of Radiation Oncology, Kamineni Hospitals, LB Nagar, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India, June 2007-Dec 2010.
Education & Certificates
- M.B.B.S. – Kathmandu Medical College, Kathmandu, Nepal, Dec 2003.
- MD (Radiotherapy) – Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, August 2007.
- Dr. Prasanth Kandra has been a member of:
- Botswana Cancer Symposium co-organized by Botswana Ministry of Health, Massachusetts General Hospital, Pennsylvania University in May 2014.
- Committee for Preparing Guidelines for Oncology Management in Botswana.
- Botswana tumor board associated with BOTSOGO (Botswana cancer Global Outreach)
Publications & Presentations
- Update Coming Soon
- Medical Council of India
- Andhra Pradesh Medical Council
- Botswana Medical Council
- English, Hindi, Telugu