Profile and Area of Expertise
A Clinical Oncology Professional with over 25 years of rich experience in Clinical Research, Teaching, Consultancy majorly in Head &Neck Oncology and Breast & Gyneac Oncology.
Second Line as a Consultant in Clinical oncologist/ Radiation Oncologist.
Keeping up to date by attending all relevant conferences / workshops on treatment and equipment.
Skilled in discussing various treatment plans with the patient and developing in partnership with clinical oncologists & physicists for safely providing the correct radiotherapy treatment to patients.
Expertise in helping patients to understand the potential side effects of radiation treatment and how to manage any associated side effects.
Ensuring that the activities are performed in a timely / accurate manner and according to the policies &procedures.
Gained experience in implementing innovative methods of Teaching, updating syllabus, streamlining the conduct of Examinations; geared towards improving the quality of education.
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Presently working as chief radiation Oncologist at Omega Hospital Visakhapatnam
- He has joined as seniour consultant in Queen’s NRI hospital for 2017- 2019 November
- He has joined as Assistant Professor of Radiotherapy in March 2005 in Kakatiya Medical College, Warangal, later transferred to Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam in July 2005.
- From December 1997 to March 2005 worked as Consultant Radiation Oncologist at Lions Cancer Hospital, Seethammadhara, N.E., Vishakapatnam.
- From May 1997 to December 1997 he worked as Radiation Oncologist at Christian Cancer Center, Kakinada
Education & Certificates
- He passed MBBS from Sri Devaraj deemed university kolar, in 1992.
- Conferred with Gold Medal in Pharmacology during MBBS in 1988
- He joined MD radiotherapy in Christian Medical College, Vellore 1994 and completed in 1997
- He passed DNB examination in year 2001.
- In year 2007 he completed part 1 FRCR in clinical oncology from HONG KONG
- He is a European certified medical oncologist in 2010 by passing ESMO examination
- He is the first Indian to achieve the Fellow of ESTRO in 2013 after successfully completing examination in Geneva Switzerland
- He has passed MRCP in Medical oncology from UK September 2013
- MBA in Hospital Administration from Andhra University 2016
- Masters in Molecular Oncology from European School of Oncology 2019
- Update Coming Soon
Publications & Presentations
- HER-2/ neu over expression in Gastric Adenocarcinoma – An experience at tertiary care centre – NationalJournal of Basic Medical Sciences Jan-Mar 2013 Vol-3 Issue 3.
- Concurrent N..imotuzumab with Radiation Therapy in locally advanced cancers of Oropharynx andHypopharynx – journal of Cancer Therapy, 2015, 6, 390-398.
- Study of AgNOR counts in cytological smears of breast lesions – Indian Journal of Basic and Applied MedicalResearch: September 2016: vol-5, issue -4, P-380-386.
- Role of PET-CT in modern radiotherapy planning process of solid tumors- Indian Journal of Basic and AppliedResearch; December 2016: Vol6, issue-1, P.477-483
- Extra nodal lymphomas –An Experience in Teritiary Care Hospital – Indian Journal of Basic and AppliedResearch ; March 2017 : Vol -6 ,Issue – 2 ,P. 5-14
- p53 Negative Paediatric GBM- in International Journal of Innovative Studies in Medical Sciences ( IJISMS) : volume 2 Issue 1| 2018
- A rare case of oligometastatic Endometrial Carcinoma – International Journal of Innovative Studies in MedicalSciences ( IJISMS) : volume 2 Issue 2| 2018
- Extramedullary Multiple Myeloma in Breast – Juniper Online Journal of Case Studies ISSN:2476-1370,volume 6 Issue 3 – March 2018
- Tumor markers – A diagnostic tool in solid cancers – Indian Journal of Basic and Applied medicalresearch , march 2020 vol 9 , issue 2
- Efficacy, safety and immunogenicity of MB02 ( Bevacizumab biosimilar) versus reference Bevacizumab in advanced NSCLC : A Randomized ,double- Blind, Phase III study (STELLA) -BIO DRUGS . July 2021, 35(4) :429 -444.
- Literature review on Targeted therapies in the management of solid tumors – International Journal ofscientific research updates ISSN , ijsru,2022, 3.1.0021.
- Triple Positive Lung Cancer: A case report – International Journal ofscientific research updates ISSN , ijsru.2022.3.1.0023 volume 3, issue 1.
- Prevalence of Vitamin D Deficiency in Patients with cancer and the for Routine screening and supplementation of Vitamin D in patients with cancer. Journal of Current Oncology 2021; 4: 76-85.
Attended Conferences As Speaker
- Role of Lugols Iodine Endoscope in Detecting Early Esophageal Lesions” at the IXII Annual conference of AROIin September 1996 at Madurai.
- Management of Advanced Head and Neck Malignancies by Radiotherapy & Combination Chemotherapy” at XXIAnnual National Conference of AROI in December 1999 at Calcutta.
- Management of Head and Neck Malignancies” at Onco Meet 2004 at Visakhapatnam.
- Role of Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer” at the Onco Meet – 2006 at Visakhapatnam.
- Extra Nodal Lymphomas” at CHOORON 2006 at Andhra Medical College
- Role of Combined Modality Treatment in the Management of Head & Neck Cancer” at Onco Meet- 2008 inVisakhapatnam.
- Gyneac CME Programme
- Promote India -2014
- UAE Cancer Congress Oct-2014 in Dubai.
- CRPC Management in URO Club 2015
- Role Of Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer St Gallen’s update 2015
- Management of Ovarian Cancer in OGSV Annual meet 2015
- Management Of Lung Cancer in Chest Club 2015
- Combined modalities RT+CT +Biological Agents in Management of Head and Cancers 2015
- Nimotuzumab and Radiotherapy in Locally Advanced Head & Neck Malignancies at 34th ICON 2016
- Management of HRPC in URO meet 2016
- Recent Advances in the Management of Head &Neck Malignancies in AOI APCON annual conference 2016
- Up Date on Metastatic Breast Cancer in AP AROICON 2016
- Management of Metastatic Breast Cancer in GIMSR Cancer Conclave 2017
- Principles of Radiotherapy in AP Medical council zonal CME 2017
International Conferences (As Speaker)
- Concurrent Nimotuzumab with Chemo – Radiation in Locally Advanced cancers of Head & Neck in Uaecancer Congress 2014 , Dubai
- Role of PET –CT in Modern Radiotherapy Planning process of Solid Tumors in International Conference on
- Nuclear Medicine & Radiation Therapy 2016 Cologne , Germany
- Targeted therapies in Solid Tumors at 7th World Congress on Healthcare & Technologies 2016 London , UK
- Review of clinical applications and challenges with surface guide Radiotherapy, 2021 SGRT Annual European Meeting 3rd Dec 2021 London
- Update Coming Soon
- English, Hindi, Telugu