Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. S. Srinath comes fully trained with an MBBS and an MCH in neurosurgery. He is a consultant neurosurgeon here at the Kompally branch of the Renova chain of hospitals. He is particularly interested in developing therapies that not only extend survival but also improve the quality of life for people afflicted with neurological diseases.
Area of Expertise :
- Independently performed more than 400 cranial & spinal cases.
- Cranial trauma Extradural hematomas, Subdural hematomas, Contusions, Depressed fractures, Intracerebral hematomas, Anterior cranial fossa reconstruction procedures, etc.
- Decompressive craniotomies, Chronic SDH, Stereotactic biopsies, etc.
- CSF diversion procedures VP shunt, TP shunt, Reservoir placements, Twist drill placements, etc.
Cranial tumours Gliomas, Meningiomas, Tuberculomas, Metastasis, etc.
- Exposures for all supratentorial & infratentorial tumours.
Spinal degenerative diseases Laminectomies, Discectomies, etc.
- Assisted in more than 650 cranial & spinal cases performed at Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, India.
- Done and assisted more than 200 cases, independently and as well as assistant to Dr. T. V. Srinivas, Professor and Head of Neurosurgery, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad.
- Supratentorial (Gliomas, Meningiomas, Pituitary tumours, pineal tumours, Craniopharyngiomas, Intraventricular lesions, Developmental cysts, Bony tumours, Fibrous Dysplasias, Cavernous sinus lesions, Metastasis & other malignant lesions, Infections, Aqueductal stenosis, CSF rhinorrhoea, etc).
- Infratentorial (Cerebellar lesions, Brainstem lesions, Dural based lesions, CP angle & Petroclival tumours, Intraventricular lesions, Foramen magnum tumours, Jugular foramen tumours, etc).
- Neurovascular (Aneurysms, AVM’s, Carotid endarterectomy, STA MCA bypass procedures, EC IC bypass procedures with saphenous vein grafts, etc).
- Functional surgery (Cerebral palsy, Epilepsy surgeries, Deep brain stimulations for Parkinson’s disease, etc).
- Trauma (CV junction, cervical, thoracic, lumbosacral regions).
- Congenital lesions (Chiari malformations, CV junction abnormalities, etc).
- Degenerative lesions (Anterior & posterior cervical, posterior thoracic, posterior lumbosacral regions, etc).
- Tumours (Intramedullary tumours, Extramedullary tumours, Extradural tumours, Vascular lesions-AVM’s, etc).
- Infections (Tuberculomas, etc).
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Consultant Neurosurgeon – Renova Hospital, Kompally – March 2020 till present
- Consultant Neurosurgeon in Sai krishna Superspeciality Neuro and Polytrauma Hospital – January 2009 – March 2011.
- Consultant neurosurgeon – Gurunanak Care Hospital, Musheerabad – April 2011 – November 2013.
- Consultant Neurosurgeon – Sunshine Hospital, Secunderabad – January 2014 – June 2018.
- Consultant Neurosurgeon – Srikara Hospital, ECIL, and Kompally – June 2018 – February 2020.
Education & Certificates
- MCh. Neurosurgery – Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India – December 2008
- M.B.B.S – Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India – July 2002
- Participated in the G.K Contest held by the Lioness Club of Secunderabad Twin cities & Hyderabad- Jeedimetla, 1993.
- Awarded 2nd prize in Quiz competition in the Annual day celebrations of Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, in 1999.
- Participated in the 13th IAP Pediatric Quiz college round, held at Niloufer Hospital, Hyderabad, in 2000.
- Awarded 1st prize in Quiz competition in the Annual day celebrations of Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, in 2000.
- Awarded 2rd prize in Medley competition in the Annual day celebrations of Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, in 2000..
- Awarded 3rd prize in Heiroglyphics competition in the Annual day celebrations of Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, in 2000.
- Awarded 3rd prize in Bulls eye competition in the Annual day celebrations of Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, in 2000.
- Awarded 1st prize in Quiz competition held by Department of Radiation Oncology, at Nizam’s Institute Of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad in 2008.
Publications & Presentations
Paper & Poster presentations:
- Presented a poster on Transnasal Endoscopic Repair Of Cerebrospinal Fluid Rhinorrhoea, in Endoscopic Skull Base Workshop, at Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, India held on 25th of September, 2005.
- Presented a poster on Intraventricular hemangioma a case report. in the Neurosurgery Update 2006 and Neuro Endoscopy Workshop at National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore, India from 15th to 17th April 2006.
- Presented a paper on far lateral approach to the foramen magnum an institutional experience, in the 4th South Asian Neurosurgical Congress held at New Delhi, India on 15th -18th February 2007.
- Other Workshops / Conferences
- Participated in the 12th Annual conference of the Andhra Pradesh Neuro Scientists Association held at Vijayawada, India on 9-10 July 2005.
- Participated as organizer for Stereocon 2006, held on 4th and 5th November, 2006, at Hyderabad, India.
- Participated in the 9th Annual AIIMS Microneurosurgery Workshop held at AIIMS, New Delhi, India from 14th and 15th February 2007.
- Attended the CAN.C.E.R. CI 2008 International Conference on Cancers in Women & Children, held at Hyderabad, India on 9th and 10th February 2008.
- Attended the WFNS Education and Hands on cadaveric course at Goa, India, May 9th to 11th, 2008.
- Manas Panigrahi, S. Srinath. Giant Intracranial Aneurysms A Review. In the proceedings of Neurovascon 2007, the 7th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Cerebrovascular Surgery.
Update Coming Soon
English, Hindi, Telugu