Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr Sachin Daga is an experienced and renowned Surgical Gastroenterologist with special skills in Liver Transplantation procedures. He is an expert in dealing with all rare cases relating to liver transplantations. He is one of the best liver transplant surgeons in Hyderabad, India.
Dr Sachin Daga is one of the well known doctors of Hyderabad, who is working as a consultant surgical gastroenterologist with special interest in Hepatobiliary pancreatic surgery and liver transplant ( Open, Laparoscopic and robotic surgery) in Hyderabad. Dr. Daga has more than 11 years experience in the field.
Dr Sachin Daga has done his MBBS, followed by MS in General Surgery, DNB in Surgical Gastroenterology,MNAMS (GI Surgery) & Fellowship in HPB Surgery & Liver Transplant. He has also done a Diploma in Neuroendocrine tumors from Uppsala University, Sweden.
He has also worked as a lecturer in the Dr. V. M.Govt. Medical College, Solapur from April 2006 to Feb 2007 with Dr. J.T Sankpal. Dr. Sankpal is an innovative laparoscopic surgeon who had developed his own technique of two port laparoscopic appendicectomy and transabdominal pre-peritoneal mesh repair. He has performed several laparoscopic appendicectomies, laparoscopic duodenal perforation closure, laparoscopic hernia repair and diagnostic laparoscopies.
Later He joined as fellow in HPB surgery & liver transplant at Indraprastha apollo hospital, New Delhi. Dr Subhash Gupta Legend of liver transplant in India trained Dr Daga Sachin in HPB & liver transplant surgery. He was fortunate to be associated with preoperative workup, introperative assistance and post operative care of more than 250 liver transplant case during his training in less than 1 year duration.
Dr Sachin Daga is Surgeon “Trained In India For Indian patients, who understands Indian diseases best.Registration No : 2001010257 Maharashtra Medical Council 2001
Area of Expertise:
- First to perform Laparoscopic Right Hepatectomy in Central India.
- First to perform Robotic Spleen Preserving Distal Pancreatectomy.
- Third in country to perform Split Liver transplant in both Adult Recipient..
- First surgeon to perform Complex liver resection in Latur Dist. Maharashtra
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Senior Consultant Hepatobiliary and liver transplant surgeon, Medicover Hospitals, Hyderabad
- Consultant Asian institute of Gastroenterology- Hyderabad
- Surgical Gastroenterology Global Hospitals- Hyderabad – 2005 – 2005
- Lecturer Dr. V. M.Govt. Medical College- Solapur – 2006 – 2007
- Prof and Head of Dept.- Dept. of Surgical Gastroenterology Nizam’s Institute of Medical SciencesHyderabad – 2007 – 2011
- Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist and Liver transplant (Advance Laparoscopic surgery- HPB
- surgery) Asian Institute of Gastroenterology – 2012 – 2014
- Senior Resident Nizams Institute of medical Sciences – 2007 – 2011
- Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist KIMS Hospital- Secunderabad – 2014
Education & Certificates
- MBBS – Government Medical College and Hospital – 2000 – Nagpur
- MS General Surgery – Government Medical College and Hospital – 2005 – Nagpur
- DNB Surgical Gastroenterology – Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences – 2011 – Hyderabad
- MNAMS (Surgical Gastroenterology & Liver Transplant ) – Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences -2011 – Hyderabad
- Diploma in Neuroendocrine Tumors – Uppsala University – undefined – Sweden
- Fellowship in HPB Surgery Liver Transplant – Indraprastha Apollo Hospital – undefined – New Delhi
- Fellowship in Surgical Gastroenterology – Govind Ballabh Pant Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research – undefined – New Delhi
- Fellowship in Surgical Gastroenterology – Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical
- Sciences – undefined – Lucknow
- Post liver transplant Gastric Mucormycosis – a rare case report. Dubai Gastrosurg-2015
- Hepatobiliary pancreatic surgery – Now and Then” – IMA- Raichur
- Liver transplant – brief over view- IMA- Karnool.
- Liver transplant and HPB surgery – IMA- Nizambad.
- Liver transplant – DDLT and LDLT- Critical care society of Solapur.
- Awarded the 1st prize for poster (hernia uteri inguinali) at the 29th annual meeting of The
- Association of Surgeons of India- Maharashtra chapter 2007.
- Awarded 2nd prize for best paper (complicated choledochal cyst) at 31st Annual conference of ASIAP chapter 2008
Publications & Presentations
- Entral pancreatectomy. Sachin Daga- Vibha Varma- N.Bheerappa- R.A.Sastry. ; G. I. Annual 2009:16: 7-11(suppl).
- Stool elastase 1 in assessment of pancreatic exocrine function. S Daga- V Varma- N BheerappaRA Sastry. Tropical gastroenterology 2009:30(3) S64. (Abstract) Life after liver transplant – IMA- Aurangabad
- Member association of minimal access surgeons of india
- Member association of Surgeons of india
- Member International Hepato-Pancreato Biliary Association (Indian Chapter)
English, Hindi, Telugu