Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. Sainath Bhethanabhotla is talented and eminent medical oncologist with good work experience. He is a Consultant Medical Oncologist and Pediatric Hemato – Oncologist at Care cancer Institute, Care Hospitals, Hyderabad. His key areas of interests include Hodgkin lymphoma, especially in pediatric and neonatal patient population.
Areas of Expertise:
- Specialist in Pediatric Tumors & BMT
- Gastro Intestinal & Genito Urinary Cancers
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- CARE Super Specialty Hospital & Transplant Centre – Banjara Hills,Hyderabad.
- Consultant Medical Oncology at Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences
- Resident Super Specialist at MNJ Institute of Oncology and Regional Cancer Center, Hyderabad
- Senior Resident In Department of Medical Oncology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Education & Certificates
- MBBS from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad in 2007
- MD in Pediatrics from All India Institute of Medical Sciences in 2012
- DM in Medical Oncology from Dr. BR Ambedkar Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital, All India Institute of Medical Sciences in 2016
Awards and Recognition:
- Won Sorel Catherine Prize For Best Post Graduate in Pediatrics For The Year 2012.
- Stood 2nd in NNF Gold Medal Paper For The Year 2012(1).
- Received Scholarship For Oral Presentation in SIOP-2015, Cape Town, South Africa For The Abstract “OUTCOME OF PEDIATRIC HODGKIN LYMPHOMA TREATED WITH ABVD: A MULTICENTRIC ANALYSIS OF 335 PATIENTS”.
- Awarded “Abstract Achievement Award” at American Society of Hematology Meeting on Hematological Malignancies Held in Chicago on 16th,17th September ,2016 For The Abstract “Prognostic Significance of Neutrophil-Lymphocyte Ratio in Advanced Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma-A Multicentric Analysis of 186 Patients”
Publications & Presentations
- Bhethanabhotla S, Bakhshi S. Reply: Neither Post-Treatment PET-CT Nor Interim PET-CT Using Deauville Criteria Predicts Outcome In Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma. J Nucl Med. 2016 Dec8;IMPACT FACTOR: 7.439
- Bhethanabhotla S, Jain S, Kapoor G, Mahajan A, Chopra A, Vishnubhatla S, Et Al. Outcome Of Pediatric Advanced Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With ABVD And Predictors Of Inferior Survival: A Multicenter Study Of 186 Patients. Leuk Lymphoma. 2016 Dec 6;1–7. IMPACT FACTOR:2.644
- Bakhshi S, Bhethanabhotla S, Kumar R, Agarwal K, Sharma P, Thulkar S, Et Al. Post- Treatment PET-CT Rather Than Interim PET-CT Using Deauville Criteria Predicts Outcome In Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma: A Prospective Study Comparing PET-CT Versus Conventional Imaging. J Nucl Med. 2016 Oct 6; IMPACT FACTOR: 7.439
- Bhethanabhotla S, Bakhshi S. Presence Of Risk Factors Does Not Affect Outcome In Early Stage Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With ABVD. Ann Hematol. 2016 Nov 18; IMPACT FACTOR: 2.845
- Taywade SK, Kumar R, Bhethanabhotla S, Bal C. Role Of (18)F-FDG PET-CT In Monitoring The Cyclophosphamide Induced Pulmonary Toxicity In Patients With Breast Cancer – 2 Case Reports. Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2016 Sep;50(3):261–5.
- Kakkar A, Rajeshwari M, Bhethanabhotla S, Kaur K, Jain D, Gogia A, Et Al. Primary Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma Of The Prostate: A Report Of Two Cases With Diagnostic Considerations. J Cancer Res Ther. 2015 Dec;11(4):977–9. IMPACT FACTOR: 0.8459
- Gajendra S, Gogia A, Tanwar P, Sahoo MK, Bhethanabhotla S, Durgapal P, Et Al. Synchronous Metastatic Pulmonary Adenocarcinoma With Small Cell Lymphoma. Leuk Lymphoma. 2014 Jul;55(7):1678–80. IMPACT FACTOR: 2.644
- Bhethanabhotla S, Thukral A, Sankar MJ, Agarwal R, Paul VK, Deorari AK. Effect Of Position Of Infant During Phototherapy In Management Of Hyperbilirubinemia In Late Preterm And Term Neonates: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Perinatol. 2013 Oct;33(10):795–9. IMPACT FACTOR: 2.183
- Kumar L, Boya RR, Pai R, Harish P, Mookerjee A, Sainath B, Et Al. Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation For Multiple Myeloma: Long-Term Results. The National Medical Journal Of India. 2016 Jul 1;29(4):192. IMPACT FACTOR: 0.786
- Bhethanabhotla, S., Tiwari, A., Sharma, M.C. Et Al. Prognostic Significance Of IL-6 In Hodgkin Lymphoma. Indian J Pediatr. 2019 Mar 4;Online First. IMPACT FACTOR: 1.046
- Patel A, Tannock I, Bhethanabhola S, Srivastva P, Biswas B, Et Al. Low-Dose Abiraterone In Metastatic Prostate Cancer: Is It Practice Changing? Facts And Facets.JCO Glob Oncol. 2020 Mar;6:382-386. IMPACT FACTOR:1.79
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- English, Telugu