Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr.Satish Pawar is a proficient and experienced surgeon in the field of oncology. He is Senior Consultant and Head of Surgical oncology department at Care Hospitals, Hyderabad. He is expert in advanced Laparoscopic surgeries in surgical oncology such as Lap Wertheims, Lap primary and Interval Cytoreduction, Lap AR/APR/Hemicolectomy, Lap Radical Nephrectomy/ Cystectomy/ Gastrectomy/ Esophagectomy Lung (VATS).
Areas of Expertise:
- Laparoscopic GI Oncology- Sphincter Sparing Minimally Invasive Surgeries For Rectal Cancer
- Laparoscopic Gyne Oncology- Laparoscopic Nerve Sparing Radical Hysterectomy
- Primary/Interval Cytoreduction and HIPEC/HITEC For Carcinoma Ovary, Primary Peritoneal Maliganacies, Mesothelioma
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Senior Consultant Surgical Oncologist at CARE Super Specialty Hospital, Hyderabad.
- Dr. Satish worked as senior resident in surgical oncologist at MNJ Cancer Institute, Hyderabad. He took observer ship in department of surgical oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai and also worked as senior research fellow in Thoracic Services, GI Oncology and HPB surgery Departments at Tata Memorial Hospital. Consultant Surgical Oncologist & DNB Clinical Co-ordinator 2012- 2018 (5 Years 6 Months) at Basavatarakam Indoamerican Cancer Hospital & Research Institute, Hyderabad for more than five years and as a Senior Consultant Surgical Oncologist at Citizens Hospital/American Oncology Institute, Hyderabad From Jan 2018 to March 2020.
Education & Certificates
- MBBS from MGM Medical College, Aurangabad in 2003.
- M.S in General Surgery from JJM Medical College, Davangere in 2006.
- DNB in Surgical Oncology from Prince Aly Khan Hospital, Mumbai in 2011.
- Fellowship in minimal Access surgery (FMAS)
- Fellow of association of surgeons of India (FAIS)
Awards and Recognition
- Best Case Presentation on Carcinoma Breast at Post Graduate Training Program Held Annually at Bangalore
- 2nd Best Video Presentation at NATCON 2015 Held at Bhuvaneshwar For Laparoscopic Nerve Sparing Radical Hystererctomy
- Best Paper Award- Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy – Single Institutional Experience – ICC (Indian Cancer Congress 2017), Bangalore
- 2nd Prize For Video Presenatation at ICC 2017 Held at Bangalore For Laparoscopic TaTME
- Faculty in Robotic- Laparoscopic Workshop,Yashoda Hospital, Hyderabad in 2020
- Faculty in Carcinoma Esophagus Panel in Apoolo Cancer Conclave, Hyderabad in 2020
- Faculty in Carcinoma Testis Panel in IASO Midcon 2020 Held at Tirupati
Publications & Presentations
- Malignant Transformation of Nonirradiated Recurrent Laryngeal Juvenile Papillomatosis. Arsheed Hh,jagadish Rk,satish Pawar: Otorhinolaryngology Clinics: an International Journal 2011;259-261
- Patterns of Failure and Determinants of Outcomes Following Radical Re- Resection for Incidental Gallbladder Cancer. Barreto Sg, Pawar S, Shah S, Talole S, Goel M, Shrikhande Sv. World J Surg. 2014 Feb;38(2):484-9
- Safety of Completion Thyroidectomy for Initially Misdiagnosed Thyroid Carcinoma. Kranthikumar G, Syed N, Nemade H, Pawar S, Chandra Sekhara Rao Lm,
- Subramanyeshwar Rao T.rambam Maimonides Med J. 2016 Jul 28;7(3).
- Primary Angiosarcoma of Breast: a Case Report. Raju Kv, Mahajan M, Rehmani K, Pawar S, Murthy Ss.indian J Surg Oncol. 2014 Jun;5(2):155-7
- Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumour of Breast-a Case Report. Mahajan M, Raju Kv, Rehmani K, Pawar S, Murthy Ss, Devi Gs.indian J Surg Oncol. 2014 Mar;5(1):89-91
- Short Term Outcomes in Patients With Carcinoma of the Esophagus and Ge Junction Receiving Nact Vs Nactrt: a Prospective Study: Syed Nusrath, T.s.rao, Kvvn Raju, Patnaik Sc, Satish Pawar, a Santa, Senthil Rajappa, Ak Raju, Sudha Murthy: Rambam Maimonides Med J. July 9,2018
- Maharashtra Medical Council Registration No: 2003/03/866
- Maharashtra Medical Council Additional Medical Qualification Registration Certificate No. 0533/2011
- Telangana State Medical Council- TSMC/FMR/77661
- Association of Surgeons of India – FL 18766
- Association of Surgical Oncologists of India (IASO)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Society of Surgical Oncologists (International)
- Association of Breast Surgeons of India (ABSI)
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
- Association of Colorectal Surgeons of India (ACRSI)
English, Telugu, Hindi