Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr Shrikant graduated MBBS from the BJ Government medical college in Pune. He subsequently obtained his diploma in orthopaedics through the All India entrance exam from the prestigious Madurai Government medical college; one of the oldest government institutions in India and the alma matter of a line of surgical stalwarts. During the training, he recognized his aptitude for surgical and rehabilitative treatment of the spine. He subsequently ranked among the top 10 in the All India National Board entrance examination and chose Indian Spinal Injuries Centre, New Delhi – a tertiary referral centre for spine surgeries and rehabilitation- as his Diplomat of National Board (DNB) institute. After obtaining his DNB he was inducted as a member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS).
He gained further academic experience as an assistant professor at the Kamineni medical college in Nalgonda. Subsequently, he then went on to secure All India rank 19 in the merit list for the National Board of Examination accredited spine fellowship, Fellowship of national board (FNB); the only MCI recognized 2 years spine fellowship in India. He chooses MIOT International Hospital, Chennai, an apex institution for spine and orthopaedic surgery for the FNB.
Area of Expertise:
- Sciatica, Cervical spondylosis, Spine Infections, Spine tumours’, Scoliosis and minimally invasive spine surgeries
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Currently working as spine surgeon at Amor Hospital,Hyderabad
- Spine surgeon,Citizens specialty hospital, lingampally and Omni hospital kukatpally, Hyderabad
- Completed 2 years course ofFNB SpineFellowship at MIOT International Hospital s, Chennai.
- Worked as Senior Resident at Kamineni institute of medical sciences, Narketpally, Nalgonda.
- Worked asJunior Consultant in Orthopaedic Department, at Royal Hospital, Kunnamkulam, Trichur, Kerala.
- Worked as Orthopaedic Consultant at Bishop Alapatt Mission Hospital, Karanchira, Trichur, Kerala from May 2015 to March 2016.
- Worked as Junior Resident in Orthopaedic Department, at Kashibai Navale Medical College, Pune from September 2014 to May 2015
- Completed two years of Residency in Diplomate of NationalBoard (DNB) Orthopedics, at Indian Spinal Injuries Centre,Delhi From August 2012 to August 2014.
- Completed two years of Residency in Diploma in Orthopedics, at Madurai Medical College, Maduraifrom June 2010 to April 2012.
- Worked as a CMO at Athani Hospitals, Pallakad, kerala from May 2012 to July 2012.
- Worked as Junior resident in department of medicine in Wanless hospital, Miraj from April 2008 to May 2010.
- Rotating clinical internship of 12 months as an Intern in Sassoon general hospital, Pune from Feb ‘2007 to mar’2008
Education & Certificates
- MBBSwith Rotating Internship – Byramjee Jeejee bhoy Medical College, Pune – Maharashtra University of Health Sciences – 2002-2008
- Diploma in Orthopedics – Madurai Medical College -Dr MGR Medical University, Tamil Nadu – June 2010- June 2012
- DNB in Orthopedics – Indian Spinal Injuries Centre, VasantKunj, New Delhi – National Board of Examination – Augus t2012 –August 2014
- FNB in Spine Surgery – MIOT International, Manapakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu – National Board of Examination – March 2017- March 2019
- Update Coming Soon
Publications & Presentations
- Published paper- Outcome evaluation of modified uninstrumented open door cervical laminoplasty for ossified posterior longitudinal ligament with cervical myelopathy in IJO June 2019.
- Published Paper – Outcomes of Unstable Cervical spine fractures managed by anterior and Posterior – Anterior stabilization and fusion. http://www.asianspinejournal.org/journal/view.php?number=886
- Published Case report – Rare case of Bilateral pure facet joint dislocation of upper lumbar spine without facet fracture. Journal of Trauma and Rehabilitation May – June 2018
- Primary investigator for my postgraduate thesis ‘ Functional and Radiological outcomes in Surgical treatment of Isthmic Spondylolisthesis: A retrospective Study
- Poster presentation: Giant cell tumor of lumbar vertebrae in patient with Diagnosis of Parathyroid adenoma: a challenge in differential diagnosis of Browns tumor.
- Poster presentation in TNOACON 2012 on “Role of custom-madeMega prosthesis in bone tumors “
- 2 papers and a case report accepted for publication.
- Update Coming Soon
- English, Hindi, Maithili, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu