Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. Tarun Goel is a internal medicine specialist with years experience in diagnosis and treatment
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Consultant Physician at Le Crest Hospital, Vasundra. and Prem Dharam Hospital, Vasundhra.
- Jan 2020 to Dec 2020: Started working as a Consultant in General &Acute medicine, at King’s College NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK. Job profile includes working in AMU, ambulatory care and doing on calls. I was managing at least 15 to 20 COVID patients daily during first wave and was active participant in the RECOVERY trial.
- March 2018- Dec 2019: Worked as a Junior Consultant in Internal Medicine and Critical care, at Holy Family Hospital, New Delhi, INDIA. It is a busy 326 bedded multi-speciality hospital. Here, I managed medical emergencies, in addition to supervising ward patients. Moreover, was engaged in clerking and managing OPD patients. Besides, I didArterial Blood Gas ,thoracocentesis,liver abscess aspiration and abdominal paracentesis. Also, did bronchoscopies and EBUS under respiratory consultant supervision.
- Feb,2017-March,2018:Worked as a speciality doctor(Respiratory)at Basildon University Hospital, Essex, UK. There my job profile included managing respiratory wards, doing procedures like pleural aspiration under ultrasound guidance, chest drain through Seldinger technique under ultrasound guidance, did on calls as a speciality doctor in General Medicine rota. I have done supervised flexible bronchoscopy, Linear EBUS under conscious sedation. Moreover, attended clinics in sleep medicine and learning basics of NIV/CPAP for sleep apneas /obesity hypoventilation syndrome.
- Jan,2013-Jan,2017: Worked as Clinical associate and then as a junior Consultant in Internal Medicine, at Holy Family Hospital, New Delhi, INDIA. Responsibilities included investigating and managing indoor patients, and critically ill patients at the ICU(performing intubations, central lines, and arterial blood gas ).
• Sept.2011-Dec.2012: Joined as NCHD, at Cork University Hospital, Ireland, in Acute medical assessment unit and later in the Respiratory unit. Here I was working under the direct supervision of a consultant. Job profile included clerking patient’s history/ examination, and planning management. In addition, I performed various procedues like iv cannulations, arterial blood gas, and lumbar puncture.I was also managing wards and doing general medicine on call as per rota.
- 2005-2008(DNB Training) : Actively involved in post-graduate training programme in Internal Medicine affiliated to National Board of Examinations, India, at Holy Family Hospital, New Delhi. Responsibilities included clerking patient history, deciding and carrying out necessary investigations, performing medical procedures like iv cannulation, performing ABG, thoracocentesis, liver abscess aspiration, abdominal paracentesis, etc.. Besides,I also learnt about day to day care of in-patients, attended regular outpatients clinics and did regular follow up of patients. Moreover, other tasks included were counselling and communicating with patients and their families, presenting interesting clinical cases, and care of patients in the ICU. In addition, I learnt about putting central lines and doing intubations during ICU rotation.
Education & Certificates
- MBBS -1995-1999 LLRM Medical College, Meerut, India.
- Post-graduate training programme in General Medicine, affiliated with Diplomate National Board, India-2005 – 2008: Holy Family Hospital, New Delhi, INDIA.
- MRCP (UK)Nov. 2012
- Update Coming Soon
Publications & Presentations
- Update Coming Soon
- Registered with Medical Council of India. (Reg.no. 21216).
- Registered with General Medical Council(UK) (Reg. no. 6082933)
- Previously registered with the Medical Council of Ireland (Reg. no. 403366)
- English, Hindi