Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. Saha completed his MBBS in 1987 from NRS Medical College and Hospital, followed by MD from PGIMER, Chandigarh in 1992. In 1995, he then did his super-speciality DM and DNB from PGIMER. He has completed first two steps of the United States Medical Licenciating Examination (USMLE) and holds an Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate.
He is an expert at performing kidney surgeries and adrenalectomy, besides offering hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. His particular area of interest includes, prevention of the progression of chronic kidney disease and management of kidney transplant recipients.
Dr. Saha is credited with the distinction of starting the first kidney transplant centre in eastern Uttar Pradesh. During his stint at Apollo Hospitals, Bilaspur he introduced HD, CAPD & SLED, which benefited patients of Coal India Ltd.
He has also worked as a Professor at NIMS, Hyderabad and PGIMER, Chandigarh. He has guided MD and DNB students and has been the chief of a dialysis technician diploma course at Kamineni Hospitals, Hyderabad.
Dr. Saha has published and presented several papers in national and international conferences and has also been a reviewer of nephrology journals.
Area of Expertise:
- Prevention of the progression of chronic kidney disease and management of kidney transplant recipients.
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Head of Department, Nephrology,Apollo Hospital, Secunderabad
- Head of Department, Kamineni Hospitals, Hyderabad
- Consultant,Apollo Hospitals, Bilaspur
- Professor at NIMS, Hyderabad
- Professor at PGIMER, Chandigarh
Education & Certificates
- DNB, 1995,
- DM, 1995, PGIMER, Chandigarh
- MD, 1992, PGIMER, Chandigarh
- MBBS, 1987, Nil Ratan Sirkar (NRS) Medical College & Hospital
- Travel Scholarship at WCN, Singapore – 2005 Travel Scholarship at WCN, Petropolis, Brazil – 2007 Travel Scholarship at WTC, Sydney, Australia – 2008 Travel Scholarship at WCN, Victoria, Canada – 2009
Publications & Presentations
- Update Coming Soon
- His professional affiliations with medical societies include, the International Society of Nephrology, the Indian Medical Association and the Association of Physicians of India.
- English, Hindi, Telugu