Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. Vidyasagar Chandankere is a Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon practising in Hyderabad. He has dedicated his medical practice to mainly children and adolescents over period of many years, however he also treats adults with childhood orthopaedics problems. He is available at Udai Omni Hospital, Chapel Road, Hyderabad and has an experience of 13 years in these speciality. Dr. Vidyasagar Chandankere is consulting at Udai Omni Hospital in Chapel Road, Sunshine Hospitals at Secunderabad and Gachibowli, Rainbow Children’s Hospital, Vikrampuri, Basant Sahney Hospitals, Maredpally and BBR Hospital, Hyderabad. He completed his MBBS Degree from Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli in 2002 and Masters In Orthopaedics (MS) from Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Research Institute, Tumkur, in 2008. He is a fellowship trained paediatric orthopaedic surgeon with wide experience in India and abroad. He was a Clinical Fellow at Duchess of Kent children’s hospital,University of Hong Kong.Registration No:66477 Karnataka Medical Council 2003
Area of Expertise:
- Special interest in Pediatric hip disorders and deformity correction
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Consultant Sunshine Hospital- Secunderabad
- Junior consultant Mar Baselios Medical Mission Hospital- Kerala – May 2008 – June 2008
- Assistant Professor Navoday Medical College & Research Hospital- Raichur – Sep 2008 – Aug 2009
- Tutor Christian Medical College- Vellore – Aug 2009 – Nov 2009
- Assistant Professor Christian Medical College- Vellore – Nov 2009 – April 2010
- Specialist King Khalid Hospital at KSA – June 2010 – May 2012
- Consultant Mother Care Hospital at Kerala – June 2012 – Oct 2012
- Clinical Fellow Duchess of Kent Children’s Hospital- Hong Kong – July 2012 – Dec 2016
- Assistant Professor CMC- Vellore
Education & Certificates
- MBBS – Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences – 2003 – Karnataka
- MS – Orthopaedics – Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Research – 2008
- Clinical Fellow – Pediatric orthopaedics – University of Hong Kong – 2015 – Hong Kong
- Fellowship Pediatric Orthopedics – SIOR – Pune
Memberships in Honorary and Professional Societies
Research & Articles:
- Medial approach to Hip: Results over 30 years follow up at DKCH- Hong Kong Status: Incomplete
- Frequency of complications in early and late presenters in fracture neck of femur in children : Ongoing
Publications & Presentations
- Title: Expert Opinion – Treatment for Buckle Fractures in Children Source: CMC CME review Dates: Dec issue 2010
- Home Search Doctors Hospitals
- 2/13/22, 4:00 PM Dr. Vidyasagar Chandankere | Orthopaedic Surgeon | Paradise | Vikrampuri Colony | Gachibowli | Chapel Road | Skedoc
- https://www.skedoc.com/hyderabad/doctor/dr-vidyasagar-chandankere-orthopaedic-surgeon 2/4 Title: Simultaneous bilateral neck of femur fracture in an adoloscent secondary to hypocalcemic seizures- JPO Br 2018
- “Classification of physeal injuries and their broad management” On 22/6/2014 at Marriot convention hall- Hyderabad- India. Trauma Conclave under banner of Pediatric orthopedic society of India and Trauma society of India.
- “ Physeal injuries in children” at TOSACON 2016.
- “ Principles of DDH management in walking children” at TOSACON 2017.
- Management of lateral condyle fractures in children & Management of supracondylar humerus fracture with Pink pulse less hand- At PIMS- Madurai Aug 2018.
- Frequency of complications in early and late presentation cases of fracture neck of femur in children:POSICON Jan 3-6- 2019.
- Life Member – Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of India
- Life Member – Indian Orthopaedic Association
- English, Hindi