Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. Vijay Kumar Boddu is a Consultant Neurologist – Renova hospitals, Kompally, Hyderabad
Trained intensively in neurology at the premier national institute, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical sciences and technology, Trivandrum, where I got good experience in the following
Managing acute strokes with thrombolysis with good exposure to mechanical thrombectomy.
Managing all types of epilepsies including pediatric epileptic encephalopathies, super refractory status epilepticus, Video EEG and bedside EEG monitoring, routine EEG reading, exposure to epilepsy surgeries.
Robust exposure to various immunological diseases (includes MS, NMO/MOG, AIDP, CIDP) and treatment advances including IVIG, plasma exchange, rituximab etc.
Exposure to all types of degenerative and cognitive disorders.
Exposure to great variety of movement disorders and selection of candidates for DBS surgery.
Exposure to pediatric neurology like growth and developmental disorders, pediatric epilepsy, autism etc.
Great exposure to neuromuscular diseases (acquired and genetic) and procedures like NCS and EMG.
Neurology ICU management- management of myasthenic crises, autoimmune encephalitis, super-refractory status epilepticus, metabolic encephalopathies, neuroinfections including invasive fungal and tubercular infections.
Area of Expertise:
- Stroke management
- Epilepsy management
- Movement disorders management for emergency cases
- Primary and secondary dementia management
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Consultant Neurologist – Renova hospitals, Kompally, Hyderabad – Jan 2021-present
- Senior Resident-Department of general medicine – Kakatiya medical college and MGM Hospital, Warangal, Telangana, India – Aug 2017- Dec 2017
- Internship – Government general hospital, Guntur, AP, India – 2011-2012 (1 year)
Education & Certificates
- MBBS – Guntur medical college, Guntur, India – 2006-2011
- MD General medicine (Open category seat) – Prathima Institute of medical sciences. Karimnagar, Telangana, India – June 2014- May 2017
- DM Neurology – Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala – Jan 2018-dec 2020
- Update Coming Soon
Publications & Presentations
- Spontaneous intracranial hypotension and lumbosacral spondylolisthesis-a rare association- case report published in Clinical neurology and neurosurgery journal January 2021
- Locus of control in patients with epilepsy- research paper- published in epilepsy and behaviour journal, august 2021
- Update Coming Soon
- English, Hindi, Telugu