Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. Vipin Goel is a Surgical Oncologist. Onco surgeries (Cancer surgeries) are the most complex of all surgeries and need a lot of skill and expertise, and for us, cancer surgery is a passion, a challenge. We perform surgeries for all forms of solid organ cancers like breast cancer, gynaecological (uterus, cervix, ovary) cancers, gastrointestinal cancers, tumors of the thyroid, parotid, kidney, etc.
Dr.Vipin Goel is one of the best Surgical oncologist with an overall experience of more than 9 years. He is a very competent surgeon with exceptional academic excellence. He is a senior consultant and laparoscopic surgeon in Department of Surgical Oncology at Care Hospitals, Hyderabad.
He is specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of many types of cancers. His areas of surgical expertise encompass diverse specialties including Head and neck cancers, Gastrointestinal cancers, gynaecological cancers, genitourinary cancers, Skin cancers, soft tissue sarcomas and breast oncology including oncoplastic surgeries. He is also an expert in performing laparoscopic surgeries and Hyper-thermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) for abdominal cancers.
Areas of Expertise:
- Head and Neck Cancers
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Gyn Oncology Cancers
- Breast Oncology
- Oncoplasty After Cancer Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgeries
- HIPEC For Peritoneal Malignancies
- Genitourinary Cancers
- Skin And Soft Tissue Sarcoma
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Consultant Oncologist at CARE Super Specialty Hospital & Transplant Centre ,Banjara Hills,Hyderabad.
- Consultant at Basavatarakam Indo American Hospital – (5 Years)
- Junior Consultant at St John’s Medical College, Bangalore – (3 Years)
Education & Certificates
- MBBS form J.N Medical College, Belgaum in 2007.
- M.S from M.R Medical College, Gulbarga in 2011.
- D.N.B in surgical oncology from St John’s Medical College, Bangalore in 2015.
- Special training in peritoneal surface malignancy and HIPEC at National cancer institute, Milan, Italy in 2019.
Award and Recognition
- Gold Medal And Fellowship In All India, Surgeon’s Conference 2009-2010 At Coimbatore In Research Paper Category.
- Awarded Best Paper Award In Bangalore Surgical Society 2011-2012 In Oral Paper Presentation For Topic Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy.
- Awarded An IBHI Young Innovator Award And Fellowship In Indo UK – Oncology Summit 2013, At Chennai For Work On Skin Cancers.
- ESMO Award To Present Paper At ESMO Asia Conference Held In Singapore In 2017.
- Travel Award To Attend Peritoneal Surface Malignancy Conference Held In Paris, France.
Awarded Best Paper Award In NATCON In 2019 Paper Presentation For Work On Breast Cancer.
- ESMO Travel Award To Attend And Present Paper At ESMO Asia Conference Held In Singapore In 2019.
Publications & Presentations
- Tuberculous Celiac Axis Lymphadenopathy Mimicking Cystic Pancreatic Neoplasm – A Diagnostic Dilemma – Indian J Surg Oncol.
- Ultrasonic Shears Versus Electrocautery In Axillary Dissection For Breast Cancer A Randomized Controlled Trial – Indian J Surg Oncol.
- An Unusual Presentation Of Thyroid Cancer — Asian Cardiovascular And Thoracic Annals Volume: 23.
- Huge Umbilical Stone: A Rare Cause Of Umbilical Abscess – JCR 2015.
- Pattern Of External Breast Prosthesis Use By Post Mastectomy Breast Cancer Patients In India: Descriptive Study From Tertiary Care Centre – Indian J Surg Oncol.
- Ovarian Cancer And Mayer–Rokitansky–Küster–Hauser (MRKH) Syndrome A Rare Combination – Indian Journal Of Gynecologic Oncology (2016).
- Chronic Arsenic Poisoning Leading To Skin Malignancy In A Community – Clinical Skin Cancer Volume 1, Issue 1, January 2016.
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy In N0 Neck For Squamous Cell Carcinoma Of Oral Cavity: A Prospective Study – Indian J Surg Oncol. 2016 Dec.
- Feasibility Of Axillary Reverse Mapping And Clinic Pathological Features Predicting ARM Node Metastasis In Breast Cancer – Indian J Surg Oncol.
- Primary Pulmonary Leiomyosarcoma: A Case Report: Indian Journal Of Thoracic And Cardiovascular Surgery 2017.
- Isolated Port-Site Metastasis After Laparoscopic Radical Hysterectomy For Cervical Cancer: A Case Report; Indian Journal Of Gynecologic Oncology; September 2018.
- Anorectal Malignant Melanoma—Defining The Optimal Surgical Treatment And Prognostic Factors ; Indian Journal Of Surgical Oncology.
- Revisiting Y Closure Technique For Preventing Dog Ear Formation Post Mastectomy; Indian Journal Of Surgical Oncology. Indian Journal Of Surgical Oncology.
- Prospective Randomized Controlled Study Comparing Primary Surgery Versus Neo Adjuvant Chemotherapy Followed By Surgery In Gastric Carcinoma. Indian Journal Of Surgical Oncology.
- Various Clinic Pathological Factors Impacting Recurrence In Stage I Endometrial Cancer: Indian Journal Of Gynecologic Oncology; A Retrospective Study September 2019.
- Awareness Of Lymphatic Anatomy To Decrease False Negative Sentinel Lymph Node Rate In Breast Cancer. Indian Journal Of Surgical Oncology.
- Gingival Angiosarcoma: A Case Report And Clinic Pathologic Review Of 32 Cases Of Primary Gingival Angiosarcoma: Indian Journal Of Surgical Oncology.
- Common Internal Iliac Vein Joining Inferior Vena Cava—A Rare Anatomical Variation: Anatomic And Surgical Relevance: Indian Journal Of Surgery.
- ASI (Association Of Surgeons Of India)
- ABSI (Association Of Breast Surgeons Of India)
- ESMO (European Society Of Medical Oncology)
- ESSO (European Society Of Surgical Oncology)
- IASO (Indian Association Of Surgical Oncology)
- English, Telugu, Kannada