Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr N V S Ramakrishna is a Senior Medical Oncologist, credited with more than 17 years’ expertise in cutting-edge Cancer Treatment Protocols at nationally renowned, state-of-the-art specialty hospitals across India, with adequate exposure to global advancements in Pain Management, Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy. A refined professional care-giver with the ability to take split-second decisions under high pressure, strong ethical standards, and a formidable rapport-sustaining outlook to patients across all socioeconomic clusters.
Area of Expertise:
- Targeted Chemotherapy & Immunotherapy
- Lung Cancer
- GI Cancers
- Breast Cancer
- Gynaecology Cancer
- Genito-Urinary Cancer
- Sarcoma Cancer
- Pain Management
- Procedures like Intrathecal Chemotherapy, Bone Marrow Aspiration, and Chemo-Port Insertions
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Senior Consultant Medical Oncologist
- Jun 2019 – 2020 Worked as Chief & Senior Consultant- Medical Oncology at Continental Hospitals.
- Jan 2018 to Jun 2019 Worked as Head & Senior Consultant at Asian Institute of Gastroenterology.
- Dec 2012 to Dec 2017 Worked as Professor & HOD at Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center, Bangalore.
- Dec 2007 to Dec 2012 Worked as Associate Professor at Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center, Bangalore.
- Nov 2005 to Nov 2007 Worked as Assistant Professor at Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center, Bangalore.
Education & Certificates
- MBBS from Banglore university in 1993
- MD – General Medicine from GULBARGA UNIVERSITY in 1999
- DM – Oncology from Gujarat University, India in 2006.
Update Coming Soon
Publications & Presentations
- Dissertation on “Study of Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Patients with Blastic Crisis” in pursuance of DM Degree.
- Junior Investigator for evaluating the feasibility of a PAIF Protocol in Unresected Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
- Outcome of Neo Adjuvant Chemotherapy in CA Pancreas: A Comparative Study – Folfirinox versus Gemox.
- Gleevec – A Novel Targeted Therapy in Cancer: Published in Indian Journal of Clinical Practice. Oct 2005
- Gefitnib – A Novel Targeted Therapy in Cancer: Published in Indian Journal of Clinical Practice. April 2005
- Voricanozole – A Newer Antifungal Drug in Neutropenic and Cancer Patients: Published in Indian Journal of Clinical Practice. Jan 2005
Update Coming Soon
English, Hindi, Telugu