Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr Anil Dhall, is presently the Director of Cardiology at Delhi Heart & Lung Institute, a busy Superspeciality tertiary care institute with focus on Cardiovascular diseases located in the heart of Delhi, He has special interests in Complex Coronary Interventions, Peripheral Interventions, Carotid Angioplasty, Endovascular Aortic Aneurysm Repair, Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy and has taught, proctored and demonstrated techniques all over the world. He has a keen interest in Preventive cardiology and developing improved processes for STEMI care.
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Director, Cardiology Delhi Heart & Lung Institute 3 – MM II, Panchkuian Road New Delhi – 110055.
- Director and Head, Department of Cardiology Artemis Health Institute Sector-51, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122001
- Senior Consultant & Unit Head (Cardiology) Max Devki Devi Heart & Vascular Institute, Saket, New Delhi 110017
- Senior Adviser & Professor (Medicine & Cardiology) Army Hospital (Research & Referral) Delhi Cantt – 110010.
- Associate Professor (Medicine & Cardiology) Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, University of Poona & Maharashtra University of Health Sciences
- Associate Professor (Medicine & Cardiology) Delhi University.
- Professor (Medicine & Cardiology) Delhi University
- Recognized Teacher & Examiner (Cardiology & Interventional Cardiology) National Board of Examinations.
Education & Certificates
- An alumnus of Armed Forces Medical College Pune, he did his post graduation from Bombay University and post-doctoral training in Cardiology from GB Pant Hospital, Delhi.
- He spent 25 years in the Indian Armed Forces before taking voluntary premature retirement from his appointment as Senior Adviser & Professor (Medicine & Cardiology) at Army Hospital (Research & Referral) Delhi Cantt. He has also been Associate Professor (Medicine & Cardiology) at Armed Forces Medical College, Pune. His service tenure provided him rich clinical and administrative experience including a deputation with the United Nations Organization. He was responsible for setting up, establishing and managing the Interventional cardiology program and starting the first Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory of Army Hospital (Research & Referral), Delhi Cantt.
- Presidential Award of SENA MEDAL for Distinguished Service to the Armed Forces 2005
- Chief of Army Staff Commendation Card 2006
- General Officer Commanding in Chief (Southern Command) Commendation Card 2000
- General Officer Commanding in Chief (Northern Command) Commendation Card 1985
- Chikitsa Ratan Award 2010 by Delhi Medical Association.
- DGAFMS Silver Medal for standing first in MOJC.
- Col CR Rangarajan Trophy for best all Round officer MOJC.
- Gold Medal for standing first in MD (Medicine) in Bombay University 1990.
- Young Scientist Award – CSI 1997.
Publications & Presentations
- He has been a postdoctoral teacher and examiner in Cardiology and has guided ICMR, AFMRC and other research activities.
- Association of Physicians of India
- Cardio logical Society of India
- Indian Academy of Echocardiography
- Endovascular Intervention Society of India
- Pediatric Cardiac Society of India
- Indian Heart Rhythm Society
- Vascular Society of India
- European Association for Percutaneous Cardiac Interventions
- European Association for Preventive Cardiology and Rehabilitation
- European Heart Rhythm Association
- Heart Rhythm Society (USA)
- American Heart Association
- Acute Cardiovascular Care Association
- English, Hindi