Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. Gautham Kolla,MD, DM ENDOCRINOLOGY is a Endocrinologist at Mamata Medical college Hospital, Hyderabad
Area of Expertise:
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Dr. Gautham Kolla,MD, DM ENDOCRINOLOGY is a Endocrinologist at Mamata Medical college Hospital,Hyderabad
- Junior Resident in Department of General Medicine, KMC Mangaluru, MAHE; 2014-2017
- Senior Resident in Department of General Medicine, KMC Mangaluru, MAHE; 2017-2018
- Senior Resident in Department of Endocrinology, Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangaluru; 2018-2021
Education & Certificates
- MBBS (JJM Medical College, Davangere, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences) 2007-2011
- Rotatory Internship at JJM Medical College 2012-2013
- MD GENERAL MEDICINE (Kasturba Medical College, Mangaluru, Manipal Academy of Higher Education) 2014-2017
- D.M. ENDOCRINOLOGY (Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangaluru, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences), 2018-2021
During Post-Graduate Residency:
- BEST PAPER PRESENTATION award at International Cardio Diabetic Conference 2015 held on 19th- 20th September 2015, Mangalore
- 2nd prize in clinical cardiology quiz – SPECTRUM 2015, Mangalore.
- GOLD MEDAL in competitive examination in Thoracic Medicine and Cardiology for the year 2016 (MAHE)
- 2nd prize in API Intercollegiate Post graduate quiz during KAPICON 2016
- BEST AUDIO-VISUAL SELF LEARNING MATERIAL for the year 2017 at KASTURBA MEDICAL COLLEGE, MANGALORE (MAHE)
During Endocrinology Residency:
- Awarded Rs. 2,00,000/- under ESI TRAINEE GRANT 2019-20 for the research titled “Sudomotor dysfunction, peripheral neuropathy and their determinants in patients with Fibrocalculous Pancreatic Diabetes”.
- Selected as one among top 3 for paper presentation during ESI Endocrine week November 2020 under Diabetes Category on topic titled- “ Continuous glucose monitoring for detection of hypoglycaemia and its indices for patients with pancreatogenic diabetes.
- Won 1st Prize in Grand Quiz at KENDOCON, November 2020.
Publications & Presentations
Original peer reviewed publications: 5 (4 international and 1 national)
Case Report: 1 (National)
- “Rare offshoot of a common malady anaemia and tuberculosis.” Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR 10.8 (2016): OD05.
- Anupam B, Shivaprasad C, Sridevi A, Aiswarya Y, Gautham K, Ramdas B, Kejal S. Association of total and calculated free testosterone with androgen deficiency symptoms in patients with type 2 diabetes. Int J Impot Res. 2020 May;32(3):289-296. doi: 10.1038/s41443-019-0144-9. Epub 2019 Apr 18. PMID: 31000814
- Shivaprasad C, Aiswarya Y, Kejal S, Sridevi A, Anupam B, Ramdas B, Gautham K, Aarudhra P. Comparison of CGM-Derived Measures of Glycemic Variability Between Pancreatogenic Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2021 Jan;15(1):134-140. doi: 10.1177/1932296819860133. Epub 2019 Jul 7. PMID: 31282179; PMCID: PMC7782997.
- Shivaprasad C, Gautham K, Ramdas B, Gopaldatta KS, Nishchitha K. Metformin Usage Index and assessment of vitamin B12 deficiency among metformin and non-metformin users with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Acta Diabetol. 2020 Sep;57(9):1073-1080. doi: 10.1007/s00592-020-01526-4. Epub 2020 Apr 7. PMID: 32266492.
- Shivaprasad C, Gautham K, Palani P, Gupta S, Shah K. Intra-abdominal fat estimation by bio-electrical impedance analysis in patients with fibrocalculous pancreatic diabetes compared with BMI matched type 2 diabetic subjects and healthy controls. Diabetes Metab Syndr. 2020 Sep-Oct;14(5):789-795. doi: 10.1016/j.dsx.2020.05.038. Epub 2020 May 27. PMID: 32531743.
- Shivaprasad C, Gautham K, Shah K, Gupta S, Palani P, Anupam B. Continuous Glucose Monitoring for the Detection of Hypoglycemia in Patients With Diabetes of the Exocrine Pancreas. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2020 Dec 16:1932296820974748. doi: 10.1177/1932296820974748. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33322930.
Update Coming Soon
English, Hindi, Telugu