Profile and Area of Expertise
Professor Hakim Syed Zillur Rahman (Padma Shri Awardee, Former Dean Faculty of Unani Medicine and Chairman, Department of Ilmul Advia, Ajmal Khan Tibbiya College, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India) has an experience of practicing Unani medicine for the last 60 years. After retirement, he established Ibn Sina Academy of Medieval Medicine and Sciences, which have been declared as “Centre of Excellence” by the Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India.
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- He founded Ibn Sina Academy of Medieval Medicine and Sciences in 2000. He had earlier served as Professor and chairman, Department of Ilmul Advia at the Ajmal Khan Tibbiya College, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, for over 40 years before retiring as Dean Faculty of Unani Medicine
1963, 73, 83: Lecturer, Reader, Professor Ajmal Khan Tibbiya College, AMU Aligarh
19th Dec., 1978 to 5th March 1985 : Chairman Ilmul Advia, A. K. Tibbia College, AMU, Aligarh
March 25, 1988 to March 24, 1991 : Chairman Ilmul Advia., A. K. Tibbia College, AMU, Aligarh
January 7, 1992 to Dec 20, 1995 : Chairman Ilmul Advia., A. K. Tibbia College, AMU, Aligarh
Dec 21, 1998 to Dec. 20, 2001 : Chairman Ilmul Advia., A. K. Tibbia College, AMU, Aligarh
1989-90: Dean, Faculty of Unani Medicine, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
1996: Consultant, World Health Organization (WHO) to the South East Asia Region for development of Unani Medicine in Bangladesh.
- 1997: Visiting Professor, Hamdard University, Karachi, Pakistan
- 2000: Founded Ibn Sina Academy (Trust) in Delhi
- 2001: Inauguration of Ibn Sina Academy Medieval Medicine & Sciences in Aligarh and became Founder President of Ibn Sina Academy of Medieval Medicine & Sciences, Aligarh. Started (1) Publication Division, (2) Division of History of Medicine & Sciences, (3) Centre for Safety & Rational Use of Indian Systems of Medicine (CSRUISM).
- 2002: Founded Karam Hussain Museum of Art, Culture & Sciences. “AIDS Cell” came into existence in January 2002.
- 2003: Visit Munich, Stutgard (Germany) & London, Scotland (UK)
- 2006: Founded Ghalib Study Centre at Ibn Sina Academy Aligarh
Education & Certificates
- 1955: Did Alimiat Course from Nadwatul Ulema, Lucknow
- 1960: Graduated BUMS from Ajmal Khan Tibbiya College, AMU Aligarh.
- August 15, 1995: Awarded Certificate of honours for outstanding contribution to Persian, (President of India Award)
- 1997: Awared lmtiaz-e Mir Award
- 2006: Entitled with Padam Shri by President of India
Publications & Presentations
- 1958: Edited Shaikh al Rais (Ibn Sina) Special number, Tibbia College Magazine, AMU, Aligarh.
- 1963: Published first book namely Daur Jadeed Aur Tibb
- June 1965: Started editing AI-Hikmat (Monthly), Delhi. It was published till November 1970.
- 1967: Published Tarikh llm Tashrih
- 1969: Published Ilmul Amraz
- 1971: Published Resalah Judia
- 1972: Published Tajdeed Tibb
- 1974: Published Bayaz Waheedi
- 1976: Published Matab Murtaish
- 1978: Published Tazkerah Khandan Azizi
- 1980: Published Kitabul Murakkabat
- 1983: Published Safvi Ahad Main Ilm Tashreeh Ka Mutala
- 1983: Published Hayat Karam Hussain
- 1983: Published The Azizi Family of Physicians
- 1984: Published Aligarh Key Tibbi Makhtootat
- 1986: Published Qanoon lbn Sina Aur Uskey Shareheen wa Mutarjemeen
- 1986: Published Risalah Nabidh
- 1990: Published Tibb Feroz Shahi
- 1990: Published Research in Ilmul Advia
- 1993: Published Risalah Atrilal
- 1994: Published Studies in Ilmul Advia
- 1995: Published Delhi aur Tibb Unani
- 1996: Published AI-Advia al-Qalbia
- 1998: Published Iran Nama
- 2001: Published Tibbi Taqdame
- 2001: Published Aina-e Tarikh Tibb
- 2001: Started Editing Newsletter of Ibn Sina Academy (NISA) – A quarterly Newsletter
- 2002: Published Asmaul Advia
- 2002: Published Maqalat Shifaul Mulk Hakim Abdul Latif
- 2004: Published Hakim Ajmal Khan, National Book Trust, India; Qanun Ibn Sina and its Translation and Commentators (In Persian), Society for the Appreciation of Cultural Works and Dignitaries, Tehran, Iran, pp 203. Visit Hamadan, Qum, Mashhad & Tehran (Iran); Karachi, Lahore, Sukkar, Multan and Islamabad (Pakistan).
- 2005: Edited Musalmanon Ke Sainsi Karname by Zakaria Wark, Centre for Promotion & Advancement of Science, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh;
- 2006: Published Safar Nama Bangladesh, Ibn Sina Academy, Aligarh.
- 2007: Published Jawami Kitab Al-Nabd Al-Saghir of Galen; Risalah Fi Auja Al Niqris of Qusta Ibn Luqa
- 1968: Organized, Medical Exhibition on the History of Science in India, National Institute of Sciences, New Delhi
- 1990: Organized, National Seminar on Unani Medicine, AMU, Aligarh
- 1989: Organized, Scientific Seminar on Unani Medicine in Allahabad
- 1991: Organized, International Seminar on Ilmul Advia, AMU, Aligarh
- Update Coming Soon
- English, Hindi, Urdu