Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr Itesh Khatwani is a superspecialist in the field of Oncology. He has completed his DM in medical Oncology/hematoncology from Asia’s eminent civil hospital(Gujarat Cancer And Research Institute, Ahmedabad). He is brilliant in his thought process in diagnosing cancer cases and he is expert in chemotherapy, targeted therapy, hormonal therapy and immunotherapy.
Dr Itesh Khatwani has experience in treating patients of Oncology ( tumor/cancer in any part of the body), Hematology(blood diseases and blood cancer). He has sound theoretical familiarity with Radiation Oncology and Surgical Oncology. Dr Itesh Khatwani has inimitable proficiency mainly on diverse cancers like head and neck cancer, lung cancer, esophageal cancer, Gastrointestinal cancers( cancers of esophagus, intestine, colon , liver, gall bladder and pancreas), Genitourinary cancers( Cancers of Kidney, urinary bladder , prostrate, germ cell tumors etc.), Sarcoma ( bone and soft tissue tumors) and Skin cancers.
He is also endowed in treating cancers in females like Breast cancer, Cervical cancer , Uterine cancer and Ovarian cancer. He also has expertise in management of blood disorders like Leukaemia (blood Cancer), Lymphoma, Myeloma etc.
He has published articles in various National and International journals and has also presented and has numerous presentations in National and International conferences. He has also been co-investigator in a clinical trial conducted at Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute.
Area of Expertise:
- Breast Cancer Management
- Chemotherapy of Solid Tumors
- Chemotherapy of Haematological Malignancies
- Breast Cancer Treatment
- Melanoma Treatment
- Giant Cell Tumor Treatment
- Ewing’s Sarcoma Treatment
- PICC Line Insertion
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Medical Oncologist – Shalby Hospital, Ahmedabad
Education & Certificates
- MBBS – Gujarat University, India, 2011
- DM – Oncology – The Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute, 2017
- 2nd Best Oral Presentation – 2nd best oral presentation in international metronomic chemotherapy meet at Mumbai
- Winner- lung cancer quiz at GCRI
Publications & Presentations
- International Metronomic Chemotherapy Conference, Mumbai-2016
- He has published articles in various National and International journals and has also presented and has numerous presentations in National and International conferences. He has also been co-investigator in a clinical trial conducted at Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute. Area of special interest Gastrointestinal Cancers (Colon Cancer, Gastric Cancer, Esophageal Cancer, Pediatric Cancer, Hepatobiliary Cancer) Breast Cancer Hepatobiliary Cancers”
- G-26175 Gujarat Medical Council, 2018
- G-44868 Gujarat Medical Council, 2011
English, Gujarati, Hindi, Sindhi