Profile and Area of Expertise
Trained under Eminent professor Dr B VENGAMMA for 4 years in DM Neurology.
I have Thrombolysed more than 100 cases, participated in regular monthly epilepsy clinics,
experienced in EEG and Electrophysiology reporting, hands on experience in giving botox
injections and Transcranial doppler (TCD).
Trained under Dr R NANDAGOPAL, senior professor and fellow in movement disorders.
Trained under Dr THOTA NAVEEN, Associate professor and fellow in movement disorders. Trained under Dr Naveen Prasad, Associate professor
Area of Expertise:
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Consultant Neurologist,MAMS hospital,Hyderabad
- Worked as faculty (Assistant Professor) in the department of neurology at SVIMS between September 2020 and october 2021
Education & Certificates
- 2021: Post DM, DrNB (Neurology)
- 2017-2020: DM (Neurology), Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupathi
- 2014-2017: DNB (Pediatrics), Dr Rangarajan Memorial Hospital, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- 2007-2013: MBBS, Kakatiya Medical College, Warangal
- Awarded pay check by ICMR for STS report publication in 2009
Publications & Presentations
- APNEUROCON 2019 Usha Chowdary K Madineni, Naveen Prasad SV , Vengamma Bhuma. Clinical profile of multiple sclerosis in SVIMS Hospital, Tirupati – A tertiary hospital based study (free paper ).
- Poster presentation “Three rare cases of reversible dentate nuclear hyperintensities” at IANCON 2018
- Poster presentation on “Three rare cases of progressive myoclonic epilepsy” at ECON 2019
- Poster presentation on “A study of prognostic significance of increased mean platelet volume and platelet distribution width in patients with cerebral venous sinus thrombosis” at INSC 2021
- Poster presentation on “Clinical features, electrophysiology and imaging features of sporadic CJD from a tertiary care centre in south India”AOCN 2021 (Taiwan)
- MD Pediatrics thesis on “Incidence and outcome of retinopathy of prematurity (rop)
among preterm survivors of a level iii nicu in a community hospital in chennai and
factors influencing its development”
- DM Neurology thesis on “Prognostic significance of increased mean platelet
volume, platelet distribution width and plateletcrit in patients with cerebral venous
- PAPER TO ICMR- STS2009: “Impact of maternal nutritional status on fetal
- Omprakash Bandaru, Naveen Prasad SV, Vengamma Bhuma, Alok Sachan, Tirupati
Kedar, Usha Chowdary K Madineni, Manideep Malaka, “Neurological
manifestations and electrophysiological findings in patients with de novo detected
hypothyroidism”, IJMACR- March – April – 2020;3(2):204 – 213
- Imaging of Dentate Nucleus Pathologies; A Case Series- Under publication process
JNRP, theime publishers.
- Update Coming Soon
- English, Telugu