Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. Paramesh. K N is a Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist, Advanced Laparoscopic, colorectal and Liver Transplant Surgeon in KIMS Hospital, Secunderabad
Area Of Expertise:
- Surgical gastroenterology in all divisions of Upper GI and Lower GI & HPB , Advanced Laparoscopic hernia, Bariatric surgery & GI surgeries, Hepato biliary and Pancreatic surgery
- Liver Transplantation – Both Diseased Donor Liver transplant and Living donor liver transplant including Split liver and paediatric liver Transplantation. Pancreatic transplantation
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Consultant Surgical gastro, Advanced Laparoscopic, HPB & LIVER transplantation KIMS hospital, Minister Road, Secunderabad, Hyderabad since Dec 2020 till now
- Assistant Professor: Department of surgery in PES Medical College, Kuppam. From 14 May 2008 to 29 June 2009.
- Assistant Professor: Working in Department of surgery, Devaraj urs medical college, KOLAR. from 22 June 2009 till 3 February 2011.
- Senior Resident of Surgical gastroenterology in GEM hospital & research centre from February 2011 till March 2014 under Dr Palanivelu. C.
- Worked as an Assistant professor in Department of surgical gastroenterology, Vydehi institute of medical science, Bangalore. from April 2014 till Sep 2015.
- Consultant HPB & LIVER transplantation Care hospital, Banjara hills Hyderabad since October 2015 till April 2020.
- Consultant Surgical gastroenterologist Apollo hospital. Hyderabad. (Hyderguda branch and jubille hills branch) from july 2020 till Nov 2020
Education & Certificates
- MBBS- RGUHS Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College.Kolar-2003
- MS (GeneralSurgery)RGUHS Shri B M Patil MedicalCollege. Bijapur-2008
- DNB (SurgicalGastroenterology)Under Dr Palanivelu. C-National board, India-GEM Hospital and research centre, Coimbatore-2014
- Oxford cadaveric organ retrieval course.-Oxford University-course-Ramaiah medical college, Bangalore-2015
- Clinical and research scholar fellowship(HPB & Ltx) SNUHSeoul SNUBH and SNUH Seoul, South Korea OCT-DEC 2018
- International visiting scholar Training in HPB &Liver Transplant University of Ulsan College of Medicine Asan medical centre Seoul, South Korea-NOV- DEC 2018
- Best Video Award for Laparoscopic radical cholecystectomy in IASG –Kolkatta Sep 2013
- Bursery Award Winner in IASG –Kolkatta Sep 2013
- Quiz Competation organized by IASG –Kolkatta Sep 2013 Won second prize.
Publications & Presentations
- “A rare case of acuphagia or Hyalophagia” P.L Kariholu, Jakareddy, Paramesh.KN, Hemanth kumar, Pavan kumar N P. Indian Journal Of Surgery, 2008.
- “A rare case of congenital esophagobronchial fistula in an adult” published in International Journal Of Case Reports And Images (IJCRI) in 2015.
- “How common are benign retroperitoneal tumors case series and review of literature “ published in world journal of surgical medical and radiation oncology in 2015
- “An unusual case of pancreatic head mass – Primary pancreatic
tuberculosis.” Published in Edorium journal of gastroenterology in 2015.
Sent for publications:
Combined endo –lap novel approach to hepatico jejenostomy stricture.
Paper presentations(Oral) :
- Titled “Comparitive study of Laparoscopic cholecystectomy versus mini lap cholecystectomy” in National Conference -ASICON 2008 at Bhubaneswar, Orissa.
- “Modifications to laparoscopic posterior mesh rectopexy for the treatment of complete rectal prolapse will address the problem of persistent or new onset postoperative constipation – a 14 years’ prospective study of 112 patients”- iasg 2013. (award free paper session).
- “Recurrent Dermatofibrosarcoma Protruberans With Axillary Metastasis”-a rare case report. At Karnataka
- state chapter ASIKON -2005 Held at Bellary, Karnataka.
- “Single Incision Laparoscopic Colorectal Resection Experience from tertiary care centre” – IASG 2013
- “Single Incision Laparoscopic Lateral Pancreaticojejunostomy For Chronic Pancreatitis
- – A Short Case Series With Technique Description In A Tertiary Centre”- IASG 2013
- “Novel Approach For Preserving Pancreatic Function For Mid Body Tumors – By Laparoscopic Median Pancreatectomy”- IASG 2013
- “Lesson’S Learnt In Minimally Invasive Total Proctocolectomy With Ileal Pouch Anal
- Anastomosis (TPC-IPAA) – Experience of first 100 cases in a tertiary center”- IASG 2013
- Video Presentation: Laparoscopic radical cholecystectomy- Won Award Prize In IASG –Kolkatta SEP 2013
- Dissertation work in MS General surgery :
- Dissertation titled “ Comparative Study Of Continuous Versus Interrupted X Sutures In Closure Of Midline Laparotomy In Prevention Of Burst Abdomen” This study was done under the guidance of Dr P L Kariholu, Prof and HOD, Dept of Surgery. Shri B M Patil Medical College. Bijapur.
- Dissertation work in DNB Surgical Gastroenterology :
- “Study Of Perioperative Outcomes And Oncological Radicality Of Laparoscopic Surgery In Rectal Cancer”
- This study was done under the guidance of Dr Palanivelu C and Dr
- Prabhakar. Gem hospital and research centre. Coimbatore.
- LIFE member of Associations of surgeons of India (ASI)
- LIFE member of Associations of minimal access surgeon of India (AMASI)
- LIFE member of Indian association of surgical gastroenterology.
- LIFE member of Indian HPB association.
- Member of ILTS (international liver transplant society)
Organising Skills :
Was a member of organising committee in following conferences
IHPBA 2012 – National conference held in Coimbatore
- International Conference on Esophagus- 2011
- National conference on Endo Hernia- 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Bariatric conference – Lapro fit 2011 , 2012 & 2013
- International Conference on endoscopic intervention Scope – 2012 in Coimbatore.
- International Conference COLOREC 2013
- English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu