Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. Praveen K Nandagiri is a Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon and Pediatric Cardiologist in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad and has an experience of 26 years in these fields. Dr. Praveen K Nandagiri practices at Century Hospital in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad. He completed MBBS from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad in 1996,MS – General Surgery from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad in 2001 and MCh – Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery from Royal College Of Surgeons, England in 2011.
Area of Expertise:
- Heart transplant surgeon, Heart failure, Total arterial CABG, Cardiac surgeon, valvular surgeries and MICS and ECMO surgery
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Director and Consultant Cardiac Transplantation Century Hospital – Banjara Hills – Nov 2015 Currently Working
- Consultant Cardio Thoracic and Transplant surgeon KIMS Hospital – Jun 2014
Education & Certificates
- MBBS – Osmania Medical College – 1996 – Hyderabad
- MS – General Surgery – Osmania Medical College – 2001 – Hyderabad
- MCh – CTVS – Royal College Of Surgeons – 2011 – England
- MRCS – Royal College Of Surgeons – 2011 – England
- FRCS – General Surgery – Royal College Of Surgeons – 2011 – England
- Visiting fellow – Cardiac transplantation – Papworth Hospital – 2012 – Cambridge – UK
- Update Coming Soon
Publications & Presentations
Research and Articles:
- Comparative study of chest X – ray verses CT scan in the evaluation of thoracic trauma. (submitted as dissertation for completion of MCh Cardiothoracic Surgery)
- Retrospective study of closure of patent ductus arteriosus over a period of three years Aug 2001 to Jun 2004. (submitted as dissertation for completion of MCh Cardiothoracic Surgery)
- Association of H.Pylori in chronic duodenal ulcer and perforated duodenal ulcer. (submitted as dissertation as a part requirement for the qualification of MS General Surgery)
- Presented the donor optimisation -for successful retrieval of thoracic organs for implantation a pilot project at the annual NHS BT meeting
- Presented the benefits of ECMO support in primary graft failure – following a cardiac transplantation at the ECMO update in Golden Jubilee National Hospital – April2013.
- Submitted a case report – on successful use of short term ventricular assist device – in a case of neurogenic cardiac shock
- Home Search Doctors Hospitals
- 6/15/22, 6:02 PM Dr. Praveen K Nandagiri | Cardio Thoracic Surgeon in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad | Skedoc
- https://www.skedoc.com/hyderabad/doctor/dr-praveen-k-nandagiri-cardio-thoracic-surgeon 2/3
- skedoc brings you healthcare that is relevant to your specific health needs. We make finding the Right Doctor and the Right Advice extremely easy.
- neurogenic cardiac shock
- Presented Tricuspid valve disease and its management at the cardiac teaching program.
- Presented a case report at the international ventricular assist device symposium in Glasgow – November 2012.
- Presented Pulmonary artery sling – post repair is LPA stenosis common – at the joint cardiology and cardiothoracic meeting
- Presented Infective endocarditis in the weekly basic sciences meeting – LGI Leeds 2006
- Presented surgical anatomy of the right atrium at the weekly basic sciences and was adjudged as the best presentation – LGI – Leeds Jan 2006
- Left hemithorax opacity – an unusual presentation of neurofibroma – Case report – IACTS Conference – Hyderabad – February 2003
- Member of Royal college of surgeons – Edinburgh – UK – 2006
- English, Hindi, Telugu