Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr. Kodati Rakesh is one the best and senior consultant doctor in Star Hospitals, who specializes in the diagnosis of conditions that affect the lungs and respiratory tract.
Area of Expertise:
- Sound knowledge of basic and advanced medical concepts
- Protocol oriented management of patients
- Personal experience in critical care management in respiratory ICU
- Skilled in performing bronchoscopic procedures with high level of competence
- Skilled in performing endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)and medical thoracoscopy
- Assisted rigid bronchoscopies in management of central airway obstruction; bronchial thermoplasty and transbronchial lung cryobiopsies.
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Dr. Kodati Rakesh is one the best and senior consultant doctor in Star Hospitals,Hyderabad
Education & Certificates
- DM (Pulmonary and critical care medicine) from Postgraduate Institute of Medical Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh.
- MD (Internal medicine) from Postgraduate Institute of Medical Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh with first division.
- M.B.B.S. from Osmania Medical College, Dr NTRUHS, Vijayawada with first division.
- MD (PGIMER, Chandigarh): Effect of vitamin D and calcium supplementation on the esophageal motor function assessed by Manometry in patients with Gastro esophageal reflux disease – Randomized clinical trial.
- DM (PGIMER, Chandigarh): Evaluation of long term outcomes of critical illness survivors from a respiratory ICU of tertiary care hospital of North India.
Publications & Presentations
- Joint Indian Chest Society-National College of Chest Physicians (India) guidelines for spirometry; Lung India 2019.
- Acute Exacerbation and Progression of Interstitial Lung Disease after Transbronchial Lung Cryobiopsy; J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol.
- 2019 Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis: a rare association with pulmonary cryptococcosis.BMJ Case Rep 2019.
- Arteriovenous malformations in multiple organs in a patient presenting with hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia.BMJ Case Rep 2019.
- Therapeutic whole blood exchange in the management of methaemoglobinemia: Case series and systematic review of literature. Transfus Med 2020.
- Pulmonary tuberculosis presenting as diffuse cystic lung disease: An atypical manifestation. Indian J Tuberc 2020.
- Organizing pneumonia secondary to Pneumocystis jirovecii infection in a kidney transplant recipient: Case report and review of literature. Lung India 2020
- An Unusual Cause of Acute Abdominal Pain in Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19): Report of Two Cases. Indian J Crit Care Med 2022.
- Update Coming Soon
- English, Hindi, Telugu