Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr Saadvik Raghuram Y is a Senior Consultant in the department of medical oncology at Medicover hospitals. He has a vast experience and clinical expertise in the field of oncology. He is a firm believer of the quote “ The chapter you are learning today is going to save someone’s life tomorrow” and makes it his utmost priority to stay UpToDate with the fast and ever advancing treatment modalities in cancer. He emphasizes that every patient is different and the treatment has to be tailored according to their needs. His moto is to provide a quality cancer care with a meticulous and personalized approach. He has special interest in the field of breast cancer, gastro-intestinal cancers, kidney, urinary bladder, prostate cancers and immune-oncology.
After completing his under graduation his curiosity towards a menacing disease like cancer and the hardships associated with it’s treatment inclined him in pursuing his post-graduation in the field of radiation oncology. After standing top among his peers he went on to pursue his superspeciality in the field of medical oncology at one of the TOP 5 universities of India (Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Kerala) which is a center of excellence in cancer treatment and is known for its work ethics and commitment towards patient care, He has presented several papers and posters at National and International conferences.
Area of Expertise:
- Breast cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Liver cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Oral cancers
- Brain tumours
- Lung cancer
- Multiple Myeloma
- Lumbar puncture and Intrathecal chemotherapy
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy
- Targeted therapy
- Hormonal therapy
- Precision medicine
- Palliative and supportive care for end stage cancers
- Cancer genetic counselling
- Familial and hereditary cancer syndromes management
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Sr. Consultant Medical & Hemato – Oncology,Medicover Hospital,Hyderabad
- Senior Registrar at Amrita Institute of medical sciences, Kerala
- Consultant medical oncologist at Apollo hospital, Jubille hills, Hyderabad
Education & Certificates
- DM Medical Oncology Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Amrita Vishwavidyapeetham, Kochi, Kerala.
- MD (Gold Medalist) Sri Aurobindo Institute of Medical Sciences, Indore Madhya Pradesh, Medical Science University
- Diploma in Palliative Care,Indian association of Palliative care – Nov 2014
- Professional Diploma in Clinical Research (PDCR), Catalyst clinical services, Dec 2014.
- FIRST PRIZE IN QUIZ: Oncology 2018: International conference on multidisciplinary management of common cancers, October 2018
- FIRST PRIZE IN QUIZ: Amala Oncology Breast Cancer Conference, March 2020.
- SECOND PRIZE FOR BEST ORAL PAPER: Indian Association of supportive care in cancer (IASCC) under the aegis of Multinational association of supportive care in cancer (MASCC) September 2020. Prevalence of distress among cancer patients and factors associated with it: A prospective observational study.
- THIRD PRIZE FOR BEST POSTER PRESENTATION AROICON MP-CG chapter 2016. Primary squamous cell carcinoma of breast: A case report
- ESMO PRECEPTORSHIP COURSE on Prostate cancer advancements- TRAVEL GRANT by European society of medical oncology, SINGAPORE
- ESMO PRECEPTORSHIP COURSE on Bladder and Kidney cancer- TRAVEL GRANT by European Society of medical oncology, SINGAPORE
Publications & Presentations
- Thromboembolic events in advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Annals of oncology (2019)30 (suppl_2): ii38-1168.10.1093/annoc/mdz063.
- Rising thyroid cancer incidence in Kerala: Is it real or over diagnosis? J Clin Oncol 37(15_suppl):e17589.May 2019.
- The value of low, fixed, single dose rasburicase in the prevention and treatment of tumor lysis syndrome. J Clin Oncol 37, 2019(suppl;e 18558)
- The association of the uterine motion with bladder volume during radiotherapy in gynaecological malignancies. Journal of Cancer Metastasis and Treatment. 2016;2(4):139.
- Incidence of second primary malignant neoplasm in Malwa region of central India – Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics,14(5),999.
- Pemetrexed-Associated Hyperpigemented Skin Rash. American journal of therapeutics. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2020.Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32039988.
- Orbital metastasis as the presenting feature of carcinoma breast. Indian Journal of cancer education and research. 4. 67-70. 10.21088/ijcer.2321.9815.4216.5.
Update Coming Soon
English, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu