Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr KVR Sastry,MBBS, MS(Gen Surgery), MS(Neurosurgery), MSc(Med), PhD. Had his neurosurgical training at Nizam’s Institute of Medical Science and Osmania Medical college in 1978 with Dr. Bala Parmeswar Rao and Dr.Raja Reddy.Worked in Nizam’s Institute of Medical Science and Osmania general hospital. Had further training in Neurosurgery in Newcastle England with Professor Sengupta and Massachusetts General hospital USA with Professor Roberto Heros.Joined Nizam’s Institute in 1984. Moved to National Institute of Mental health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) Bangalore and worked for 20 years. During this time he had the opportunity of working with Professor Yasargil at Zurich and Professor Sugita at Nagoya Japan.Retired as Professor and head of Department and Medical Superintendent in 2006. After retiring he has worked in corporate hospitals in Hyderabad.
Areas of Expertise:
- Vascular surgery,Brain tumours,Neurotrauma and experimental studies on cerebral ischaemia and neuroprotection.
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Sr.Consultant Neuro Surgeon at Amor Hospital,Hyderabad
- Experience- 45 years
Education & Certificates
- MS(Gen Surgery)
- Honoured by Neurological society of India with a Life time achievement award at Mumbai in 2019
Publications & Presentations
- Published more than 100 papers in both national and international journals and chapters in books. He has trained more than 100 neurosurgeons in NIMHANS and was an examiner to all the major neurosurgical institutes of the country. He has given several orations. He has more than 40 years of neurosurgical and teaching experience.
- Neurological society of India
English, Hindi, Telugu