Profile and Area of Expertise
- Dr. Sudha Sinha is one of the best medical oncologists with an overall experience of more than 13 years. She is an Assistant professor and Head of Medical Oncology department at Mehdi Nawaz Jung Institute of Oncology and Regional Cancer Center, Hyderabad.
- She is specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of all types of Haematological and Solid malignancies as well as Benign Haematology cases, including Myelodysplastic, Myeloproliferative diseases, Aplastic Anaemias, Venous & Arterial thrombosis, Haemophilias, bleeding disorders and other complex Haematological conditions.
- Dr. Sinha is an expert and has a special interest in women’s cancers, such as gynecological cancers, breast cancer and gestational trophoblastic diseases.
Areas of Expertise:
- Hematologic Cancer,Breast Cancer,Thoracic Cancer,Gastrointestinal Cancer,Genitourinary Cancer,Gynecological Cancer,Neurological Cancer
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Dr. Sudha Sinha ,Clinical Director , Oncology Services HOD & Sr. Consultant at Care Hospital, Banjara Hills ,Hyderabad.
- Dr. Sudha Sinha is one of the best medical oncologists with an overall experience of more than 13 years.
- Dr. Sinha has established the department of Medical Oncology, 60 bed Adult Leukemia and 80 Pediatric Oncology Program. She started the ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) funded Hospital Based National Cancer Registry Program. Also, Dr. Sinha played a crucial role in expanding the Biochemistry, Microbiology and Pathology Labs at the hospital.
Education & Certificates
- MBBS from Gandhi Medical College, University of Health Sciences, Hyderabad in 1996.
- Intern in Internal Medicine at St. Barnabas Medical Center Livingston, NJ. USA (1998-1999).
- Resident in Internal Medicine at St. Barnabas Medical Center Livingston, NJ. USA (1999-2001).
- Fellowship in Hematology and Oncology, at Caritas St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA. USA (2002-2005).
- Chief fellow in the sub-specialty of Hematology and Oncology, at Caritas St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA. USA (2002-2005).
Awards and Accomplishments:
- Junior Investigator Award in recognition of the outstanding abstract submitted. 26th Annual Meeting of American Society of Apheresis 2005.
- Resident Research Scholarship Award- St. Barnabas Medical Center. 2001
- Civil Society Hall of Fame Award – 2015, New Delhi
- Felicitation by Ladies Circle India – 2015
- Young FICCI Ladies Organisation – Felicitation for Young Women Achievers building India– March 2012
- Rotary Club of Bhagyanagar- Rotary Vocational Excellence Award– 2012
- Rotary Club of Secunderabad- Award of Recognition – 2012
- Unsung Heroines of Hyderabad- Recognition by Secunderabad Metropolitan Ladies Circle – 49 in 2014
Publications & Presentations
- Digumarti R, Sinha S, Nirni SS, Patil SG, Pedapenki RM. Indian J Cancer. 2014 Apr-Jun;51(2):180-3. Efficacy of rasburicase (recombinant urate oxidase) in the prevention and treatment of malignancy-associated hyperuricemia: an Indian experience.
- Cingeetham A, Vuree S, Dunna NR, Gorre M, Nanchari SR, Edathara PM, Meka P, Annamaneni S, Digumarthi R, Sinha S, Satti V. Tumour Biol. 2015 May 10. [Epub ahead of print]. Influence of BCL2-938C >A and BAX-248G>A promoter polymorphisms in the development of AML: case-control study from South India
- hiranjeevi P, Spurthi KM, Rani NS, Kumar GR, Aiyengar TM, Saraswati M, Srilatha G, Kumar GK, Sinha S, Kumari CS, Reddy BN, Vishnupriya S, Rani HS. Tumour Biol. 2013 Dec 20. [Epub ahead of print]. Gelatinase B (-1562C/T) polymorphism in tumor progression and invasion of breast cancer.
- Anuradha V, Anand BB, Suresh AV, Sinha S, Babu SC, Suresh K.Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol. 2013 Jan;34(1):11-5. Palliative chemotherapy in head and neck squamous cell cancer – What is best in Indian population? A time without symptoms, treatment toxicity score based study.
- Suresh AV, Varma PP, Sinha S, Deepika S, Raman R, Srinivasan M, Mandapal T, Reddy CO, Anand BB. J Cancer Res Ther. 2010 Oct-Dec;6(4):448-51.Risk-scoring system for predicting mucositis in patients of head and neck cancer receiving concurrent chemoradiotherapy .
Chirivella S, Rajappa S, Sinha S, Eden T, Barr RD. Indian J Pediatr. 2009 Dec;76(12):1231-Health-related quality of life among children with cancer in Hyderabad, India.
- Bala S, Kumar A, Soni S, Sinha S, Hanspal M.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006 Apr 21;342(4):1040-8. Emp is a component of the nuclear matrix of mammalian cells and undergoes dynamic rearrangements during cell division.
- Sinha S, Poh KK, Sodano D, Flanagan J, Ouilette C, Kearney M, Heyd L, Wollins J, Losordo D, Weinstein R.J Clin Apher. 2006 Jul;21(2):116-20.Safety and efficacy of peripheral blood progenitor cell mobilization and collection in patients with advanced coronary heart disease
- European Society of Medical Oncology
- Indian Medical Association