Profile and Area of Expertise
Dr Sushmitha Galla is a consultant nephrologist at KIMS hospitals, Secunderabad
She is actively involved in the management of kidney disease patients including kidney transplant recipients and dialysis patients.
Area of Expertise:
- Actively involved in establishing In-house hemodialysis services in ESIC-SSH, Sanath Nagar, Hyderabad. This is unique as it is the first time in the Country in ESICs to start in-house hemodialysis.
- Acted as organizing secretary for the state level peritoneal dialysis conference on 2nd June 2019, in ESIC medical college – “Peritoneal Dialysis Colloquium 2019”
- Good hands on experience in performing renal biopsies, tunneled dialysis catheter and percutaneous CAPD catheter placements.
- Performed more than 500 renal biopsies and more than 100 tunneled dialysis catheter placements.
- Involved in several teaching sessions for dialysis technicians.
- Special interest in Hemodialysis, CRRT, CAPD and renal transplantation.
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
- Working as consultant nephrologist at KIMS hospitals, Secunderabad
- August 2016 to august 2017: worked as senior resident in the Department of Nephrology, Nizams institute of medical sciences, Hyderabad.
- 2017 to 2018: worked as Consultant Nephrologist at Aarogya hospital, Khammam
- January 2019 to December 2019: worked as Full time super specialist in the Department of Nephrology, as I/C Head of the Department of Nephrology, ESIC Super Specialty Hospital, Sanath Nagar, Hyderabad
- Worked as consultant Nephrologist at Omni hospitals, Kukatpally
Education & Certificates
- MBBS – Siddhartha medical college, Vijayawada (Dr. NTRUHS) – (2003-2009)
- MD General Medicine – Jawaharlal institute of post graduate medical education and research (JIPMER), Puducherry – (2010-2013)
- DM Nephrology – Nizams institute of medical sciences, Hyderabad – (2013-2016)
- Gold medal and best outgoing student Award in MD general medicine from JIPMER in 2013
- Gold medal and Dr.D.B.Bisht endowment prize -prize in cardiology for PGs in MD general medicine in JIPMER in 2013
- Shri venkatasubba reddiar gold medal in cardiology in MD general medicine in JIPMER in 2013.
- Shri Abdoul cader & Ibrahime gold medal for neurology in MD general medicine in JIPMER in 2013.
- Best outgoing student award in MBBS in 2009
- Received 6 gold medals in various subjects in MBBS.
Publications & Presentations
Publications, Conferences attended and Presentations
- Idiopathic nodular glomerulosclerosis: report of two cases and review of literature; published in Indian journal of nephrology
- Clinical profile and outcome of posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome in hemodialysis patients-a retrospective analysis of 18 patients; published in Indian journal of nephrology
- Multicentric hyaline vascular variant of Castlemans syndrome; published in Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, June 2013
- Allergic myocardial infarction; published in North American Journal of Medical Sciences, Feb. 2013
- A clinicopathologic study of 267 patients with diabetic kidney disease based on renal pathology society 2010 classification system; published in Indian journal of Nephrology, and presented as oral-poster in ISNCON 2016
- Endemic severe hypokalemia with chronic kidney disease in rural south India presented in ISNCON – 2012 Ahmedabad
- Co-author of the study “high incidence of severe hypokalemia with skeletal muscle paralysis and chronic kidney disease of uncertain etiology with geographic clustering in a rural south Indian population-first report of a large case series” which received Muthoot M George Memorial TANKER and Kerala kidney research foundation young researcher award in 2015
- TMA recurrence following everolimus introduction in a patient with tacrolimus induced TMA presented in ISNSC 2014 Bangalore
- Role of X-MARS in the treatment of acute on chronic liver failure with hepatorenal syndrome in two cases presented in ISNCON 2015 Bangalore
- Risk factors for the development of posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome in patients on maintenance hemodialysis presented in ISNCON 2015 Bangalore
- Bortezomib rescue therapy in the treatment of acute antibody mediated rejection: our initial experience presented in ISNCON 2015 Bangalore
- Outcomes of coronary angioplasty in diabetic patients-a retrospective study published in Indian journal of cardiovascular disease in women.
- Kidney disease screening in community-cost effectiveness analysis-a debate, vascular access problems in hemodialysis patients and various presentations made in nephrology forums.
Update Coming Soon