Profile and Area of Expertise
I am well experienced with adult cardiac surgeries beating heart CABGS Valves basic Congenital surgeries and all adult and child and complicated thoracic surgeries
I am in cardiac field and private and corporate hospitals for more than 20 years
I can organize new setups and can bring up the department to working conditions
I can become a good team member for any organization as I had been associated with
sri sathya sai monthly service camps at puttaparthi for more than12years
I had also attached myself to teaching hospitals also
A. Gandhi medical college for 2 years as assistant professor
B. Deccan medical college from 2008 till 2015 as associate professor which has DM Cardiology and MCh CTVS affliation
C .Katuri medical college from 2016 till 2019 as Professor and HOD of CTVS department which also has DM cardiology and Mch
I am qualified for professor post in CTVS as per MCI
Area of Expertise:
- Cardio Thoracic Surgeon
Experience (Current Position & Previous Positions)
Mamatha Academy Of Medical Sciences Bachepally Hyderabad
- I am presently working as senior consultant and HOD of cardiothoracic surgery from December 2021
- Srikara Hospital Miyapur Hyderabad I joined as senior consultant of CTVS at Srikara group of hospitals at Hyderabad and am continuing with kompally branch from December 2020 till date
- I am doing all kind of adult cardiac thoracic and vascular surgeries here
Alluri Seetharamaraju Academy Of Medical Sciences Eluru
- I was working as senior consultant and HOD of cardiothoracic surgery at ASRAM Medical college from September 2019 to October 2020. I do all spectrum of cardiac surgeries including Off pump cabgs valves congenital heart surgeries thoracic surgeries and vascular surgeries here .Due to covid 19 pandemic I had to discontinue here and return to Hyderabad
Katuri Medical College And Hospital Guntur
- I was working as senior consultant PROFESSOR and HOD of cardiothoracic surgery at katuri medical college and hospital Guntur from may 2016 to august 2019 .I performed monthly 25 to 30 cases mostly CABGs valves and adult congenitals and thoracic cases here. I do routinely off pump cabgs in 80 % of cases .The college also has DM Cardiology and MCh seats
Omega Hospital Banjara Hills Hyderabad
- I was operating thoracic oncology cases on Saturdays since 2009 till date
- Sathyasai Institute Of Higher Medical Sciences (April 2015 to September 2015)
- I was working as a additional senior consultant surgeon at SSSIHMS and here we are doing around 120 cases per month which includes adult and congenital heart surgeries
- Since 2006 for 15 years I was associated with monthly medical camps conducted by shri Sathya Sai central trust at Puttaparthi Ananthapur District
Mediciti Institute Of Medical Sciences/Mediciti Hospitals 4 1/2 years
- I was working at mediciti institute of medical sciences and mediciti hospitals from October 2010 to January 2015. During this period I had conducted all varieties of cardiac thoracic and vascular surgeries. Here I had operated CABGs both on pump and OFF pump beating heart , MVRs AVRs DVRs ASDs VSDs and TOF’S in cardiac category and lots of thoracic surgeries including lobectomy pneumonectomy decortications and mediastinal mass removal and aorto- femora, Ileo-femoral, femoro popliteal bypass grafting in vascular category
- Deccan Medical College I am associated with deccan medical college from 2009 for MCI purpose as assistant and then associate professor 2015 which has DM Cardiology and MCh CTVS
- Durgabai Deshmukh hospital vidyanagar, Hyderabad 4 years
- I had worked as a chief cardiac surgeon since 2005 June till april 2009 .during this tenure I had Performed adult and paediatric cardiac surgeries like CABGS MVR’s, AVR’s, DVR’s ,ASD,VSD TOF etc
- I had organized a total surgical team and started operating at DDH which was left out after termination of lease with the previous team. I had conducted 670 operations during 4 years period of which 120 were paediatric cases under child heart surgery scheme 200 valves and 350 coronaries. I had also operated more than 160 thoracic cases and vascular cases apart from the cardiac surgery
- I had to leave the place because the place was leased to KIMS hospital by the management.
- Dept. of cardiac surgery university college hospitals-heart hospital London U.K-
- I had opportunity to work as a clinical fellow on ODTS under Dr S K Kolvekar
- The Heart Hospital is the tertiary adult cardiac center in central London UK
- Dept of Cardio Thoracic Surgery Gandhi Medical College Secunderabad 2000 – 2004
- I had Joined Dept of Cardio Thoracic Surgery at Gandhi Medical College Secunderabad in May 2000 and had undergone training in Cardio Thoracic Surgery . I had performed a few closed heart and many thoracic surgeries related to lungs and esophagus.
- I had managed pre- and post-operative intensive care independently. I had experience to perform closed heart/thoracic operations, open heart operations, peripheral vascular procedures independently. I had assisted all major open heart surgeries like MVR, AVR, DVR, CABG, ASD and VSD closures under CPB and off pump CABG, and performed bronchoscopy and esophagoscopies during this period .I had attended workshops for hands-on experience for CABG and MVR which was held in Mumbai.
- I completed my course in May 2003 in the first attempt.
- I continued to work as an Assistant Professor and handled various emergencies andperformed major and minor cardiothoracic operations and contributed to a significant work on traumatic chest injuries .
- During my total professional period I had conducted more than 3000 cardiac surgeries and I had performed nearly 1500 thoracic surgeries which only few surgeons in city are performing
Education & Certificates
- MBBS – M.P.Shah Medical College, Saurashtra University, Gujarat, India
- MS General Surgery – M.P.Shah Medical College, Saurashtra University, Gujarat, India
- MCH – Cardiothoracic Surgery 2003 Gandhi Medical College ,NTR University of Health Sciences, Andhra Pradesh
- Clinical Fellow 2004- 2005 – Adult cardiac surgery The Heart hospital London (UK)
Update Coming Soon
Publications & Presentations
Submitted research work on constrictive pericarditis and pleural problems in GandhiHospital
- Pericardectomy – First Option for treatment of Pericarditis with effusion / constriction. Ijsr may2020
- Study of Pleural diseases in Gandhi Hospital from 2000 – 2003 published in Ijsr January 2020
- Presented a paper titled “Sclerosing hemangioma of lung” in the National
In IACTS conference Feb. 2004.
- Presented paper in IACTS and ACTVS conference 2019 titled “Unusual case of
Pulmonary hydatidosis “ and publication in IJSR journal February 2019
- Study of outcomes of complete mitral valve excision and replacement with tilting
Disc Valve (TTK Chitra valve) publication in journal of ntruhs (pubmed) April2020
- Rare case of anterior mediastinal mass bronchogenic cyst presented in IACTS
conference February 2020 and IJSR Journal june 2018
- Member of Hyderabad Surgeon’s society since 1995.
- Member of Indian Association of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeons since 2000.
- Member of Hyderabad chest Forum
English, Hindi, Telugu